Patient Services Representative
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Do you believe that physical therapy can play a bigger role in
the overall health and wellness of our communities? Do you want to
be on the leading edge of therapy treatment that focuses not only
on physical pain but also the whole person? Yeah, we do too.
SpineZone is on a mission to help people avoid unnecessary
suffering by treating the whole patient with the latest in evidence
based therapy. As a part of SpineZone, you'll be on the leading
edge of the delivery of care to solve the complex biopsychosocial
conditions affecting our patients.
On our team, you will be a part of research studies with leading
academic institutions. You will receive training from our
mindfulness, nutrition and behavioral health counselors. Work
closely with our orthopedic surgeon team to deepen your knowledge
of musculoskeletal treatment.
And through it all, you will be on a supportive team of individuals
all working together in a fun culture to solve musculoskeletal pain
for as many patients as possible. SpineZone is treating patients in
person in southern California and online across the United States.
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of
business-related duties both clerical and administrative in nature.
This position requires skills in planning, organizing and problem
solving. The position requires oversight of front office tasks to
include office supplies and daily drawer drop, along with
monitoring the assigned clinics schedules and billable claims.
The Patient Service Representative will be the point person for
patient registration and scheduling follow up appointments and time
of service collections.
This role requires close collaboration with our Billing Manager,
Patient Care Coordinators, Intake Coordinators, Clinic Managers,
and all Clinicians to ensure staff schedules are maximized for
efficient delivery of care. You will also be assisting with some
A/R duties, billing, charge entry, extending
authorizations/referrals and medical records.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and
visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring
inquiries in a friendly professional manner.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider efficiency and
treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of
patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule;
reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties;
answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and
updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial
information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling
credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking
stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies;
placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations and compliance.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures;
reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed along with contributing ideas for process improvements.
- Answering multiline phone system / retrieving messages and
ensuring proper messages to be relayed
- Register and schedule new patients when necessary
- Obtains and verifies insurance benefits for patients being seen
- Collection of copays and other fees required prior to the
office visit or treatment
- Understand and verify insurance coverage and assist with A/R
management and claims processing
- Schedule / reschedule appointments and confirm new evaluations
within 24 hours of the appointment
- Exhibits professional and friendly phone etiquette
- Solid customer service skills and ability to engage well with
- Eager to assist the company in any other related duties
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- One year of administrative experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain organized and time management
- Ability to remain calm and collective during stressful
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Outstanding customer service
Why Join SpineZone?
- SpineZone is a great place to be if you are passionate about
helping others and want a place to grow! We offer benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401k with match and generous PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Career Growth opportunities!
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets
and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. May require some
driving to help support other clinics.
Some travel to other locations is expected for this position.
SpineZone is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: SpineZone, Encinitas , Patient Services Representative, Sales , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!