Plant Science Research Associate, San Diego, CA
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Title: Plant Science Research AssociatePay Range:
$16-18/hrDescription: Join a leading Agricultural Biotechnology
company in San Diego CA in--an immediate opening for a Research
Associate in Cell Biology. The selected candidate will participate
in the application of our core RTDSTM Technology to develop new
traits in plants, focusing on the cell biology
aspects.Requirements: B.Sc. or working towards a degree in biology,
or previous experience in plant biotechnology, plant physiology or
related fields.Role responsibilities:
- Conduct experiments involving plant cell and tissue culture
protoplast techniques, somatic embryogenesis, suspension cultures,
shoot regeneration, micropropagation and DNA delivery methods.
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies
for project advancement and to further understand the cellular
processes involved in the application of our proprietary
- Utilize scientific literature to design experiments and improve
methods Perform quantitative analysis, prepare technical reports,
protocols, written and oral presentations.
- Participate in the preparation and improvement of SOPs.
- Knowledge, experience, skills:
- Experience working with aseptic techniques, cell and tissue
- Familiarity with microscopy, microphotography, imaging
software, and cytometry is desirable.
- Basic knowledge and experience with RTDS and plant
protoplast/cell culture methods and in vitro plant regeneration
systems is a plus.Core capabilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, accurate record
keeping, and attention to detail.
- Able to use judgment and make routine recommendations for
resolving problems in moderately complex assignments.
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite.
- MS Access or other database experience a plus.
- Manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Able to follow SOPs and perform troubleshooting on
- Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine to achieve
objectivesWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection
to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire
talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Encinitas , Plant Science Research Associate, San Diego, CA, Professions , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!