Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: May 8, 2020
Site Reliability Engineer (Encinitas, CA)
About UsLife360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to
protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges,
Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free
social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use
Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is
growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in
over 140 countries making Life360 the largest mobile service for
families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for
families through our valued core offerings: advanced location
sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7
roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response.
On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+
ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company
has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently
completed an IPO on the ASX exchange giving our employees the
liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth
Life360's rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered
in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.Position
- As a SRE on the Cloud team you will help build and operate
scalable services that power the features of the number one mobile
app that provides safety and peace of mind to millions of
- Our cloud team ensures that our API's are able to process tens
of thousands of requests a second with the ability to scale 10x.
You'll be a very active contributor to the design and operation of
the core services.
- You use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and
improve these tools.
- You are comfortable dealing with very large amounts of traffic
to the tune of billions of daily API requests
What you'll be doing
- Engage with product and engineering teams to design, build and
maintain the system / software for high availability and
- Write software layers, scripts, deployment frameworks, tracers,
monitors, self-healing/auto remediation tools to automate the
- Build and maintain software modules for use and reuse in cloud
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of issues regardless of
tool, provider, platform, or language.
- Mentor other engineers on operational best practices for
architecture, implementation, and operation of large scale cloud
- Participate in shared on-call rotation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day
- Computer Science BS or equivalent discipline, with at least 15
years of experience (or equivalent experience) in Operations and
Software Engineering, or 12 years in one with exposure to the
- Programming experience with one or more relevant languages:
Java, Python, PHP, Scala, etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using
either Chef, Terraform, or an equivalent.
- Proficient in multi-threaded design and
- Troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in UNIX/Linux
- Developing, running, and/or consuming cloud technologies such
as AWS, Azure, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Consul,
Kafka, Cassandra, Docker.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex subjects and
- Experience desired with Big Data, streaming technologies, SaaS
based environments, Web Analytics
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative and high
self-motivation. Enthusiastic, creative and positive
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent English verbal and
written communication skills. Highly collaborative working
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k and various other
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the
Keywords: Life360, Encinitas , Staff Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!