BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Posted on: April 30, 2020
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER in ENCINITAS, CAKelly Services is
currently looking for a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP to work on site for a
prestigious Fortune 500 company. Compensation $30.80/hr - 6 Months
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive
maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems,
vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system
operations and performance.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing,
electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental
agency and Company directives related to building operations and
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and
plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design
capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside
- Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling,
HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are
taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep
operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and
ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith
tasks as needed. Responds quickly to emergency situations,
summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance
and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and
company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers
and supervisor during initial contact.
- Will receive 3 weeks of training.
- Calls will be monitored, and you will be coached based on those
- It is a professional environment.
- There are strict attendance policies.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a
minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following:
electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process
controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing,
carpentry or engine repair.
- Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short
correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively
present information to an internal department and/or large groups
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization
- Requires intermediate analytical skills. Uses personal computer
and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic
skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include
stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability
to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Universal CFC certification is required along with extensive
HVAC knowledge to include preventative maintenance and service on
HVAC equipment in a commercial setting.
--General maintenance skills also required to include plumbing,
electrical, and carpentry.
--PPE will be provided if necessary.
--Client will perform additional screening once background check is
As a Kelly employee, you'll have access to world-class perks,
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage
available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free
courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
- Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans
are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this
opportunity, apply now for immediate consideration.
For remotely recruited GTS orders, use the closing below
Please note - this position is being recruited for by a remote
Kelly office, not your local branch office. You can apply directly
to this posting or by emailing Kelley Arzola at
It's obvious things are different than they were just a few weeks
ago. Please know a Kelly recruiter will contact you directly if
your skills and experience match what our clients are looking for.
If you're not contacted, you're still on our radar. Once you've
applied for one of our jobs, or if you've ever worked for us
before, you're a part of our talent network, and that means all
Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, expanding your
opportunities even further.
Be well and stay strong.Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to
you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to
learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find whats
next is what were all about. We know whats going on in the evolving
world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each
year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and
opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never
imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about whats
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, were a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly, Encinitas , BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, Professions , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!