Grocery Store Baker
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Baker
Reports To: Bakery Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Baker works closely with the Bakery Manager. He or she also
performs the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares bakery and specialty products such as bagels, breads
or pastries as directed by the Bakery Manager and the corporate
- Bakes and/or produces all bakery products as established in
Bakery Production Guide
- Follows production schedule created by the Bakery Manager
- Works diligently to reduce shrink by matching sales volumes
with production volumes
- Ensures product rotation to reduce shrink
- Controls costs by properly executing portion control and by
- Maintains Bakery Department under current California Weights &
Measures mandates. Understands use of proper tares and accurate
- Maintains Bakery Department in Price Integrity. Accurate
pricing, signage, and posted weights
- Responsible for all material in the Bakery logbook
- Assists customers with orders; suggests other bakery products
to accompany order
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures
high sales through establishing relationships with customers to
ensure repeat business
- Maintains Bakery Department under current health codes and
company standards on sanitation and cleanliness
- Understands proper usage of all cleaning chemicals authorized
in the Bakery Department
- Follows the FIFO rotation system (First-in, First-out ).
Covers, labels, and dates all leftover products. Utilizes leftover
products before opening new product
- Inspects product during baking process & preparation; including
measuring temperatures throughout the preparation process, to
maintain quality and sanitation in accordance with the FDA and
local health departmental codes and BFLA stringent standards
- Inspects finished bakery products in accordance with BFLA
standards of quality, weight specifications, & presentation
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
the Bakery Manager and/or Store Director
- Helps receive, break down, and store Bakery loads
- Follows the employee handbook at all-times, especially on
service standards and appearance
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, and cleanliness
Customer Service Skills
The Baker is expected to provide customer service that is extra
ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They are
required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. The Baker
is expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat others
with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to
six months related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety
rules, memos, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, or
employees of Bristol Farms.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of
hands; hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls. The individual occasionally is required to reach with
hands and arms. He or she is occasionally required to climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate and occasionally loud.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: cajero, courtesy clerk, customer service
associate, customer service representative, deliver, delivering,
retail cashier, retail customer service, sales, sales
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Grocery Store Baker, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!