Front End - Cashier
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Cashier
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
A Cashier's responsibilities include operating a cash register to
record the sale of merchandise, process returned items with the
direction of a supervisor, and promote customer service at the
Front-end. Due to the customer service nature of this position, it
is imperative that a cashier is enthusiastic, punctual, eager to
serve and naturally happy. A Cashier must have strong communication
skills, posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of
customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A cashier is responsible for providing service that exceeds the
expectations of customers by performing the following duties (other
duties may be assigned). Adheres to all Bristol Farms policies &
procedures when operating the cash register; including but not
- Verifies till contents (money) at the beginning of each
- Follows procedures for signing in/out on registers.
- Accurately records prices and collects payment.
- Accurately records daily transaction amounts from cash register
to balance cash drawer.
- Responsible for accurate balancing of cash drawer.
- Accurately identifies produce items.
- Required to memorize produce codes and apply the proper code
used to record the sale.
- Accurately weighs merchandise following California Weights &
Measures mandated laws.
- Follows and implements correct accounting procedures for all
voids, returns, exchanges, & department transfers.
- Accurately collects cash, checks, or charge payments from
customers and makes change when required on cash transactions.
- Verifies identification for authenticity and signature when
processing checks and credit card purchases.
- Enforces Bristol Farms Employee Discount Card guidelines &
other specified policies.
- Adheres to company policies regarding till cash limits. Ensures
cash does not exceed authorized, pre-determined limits.
- Verifies till contents (money) at the end of each shift with
the direction of a supervisor.
- Required to keep contents of cash drawer and media neat and
organized. Cash and checks are to be faced & secured in the cash
- Packages and handles customers' groceries according to their
preference - paper, plastic, or both.
- Offers/assists Customers with carry out service.
- Collects shopping carts from inside the store and from the
outer perimeter of the store, parking lot and any other areas where
needed. Keeps Floral Department free of hand baskets and shopping
- Required to keep work area neat, clean, & organized.
- Follows liquor & tobacco laws implicitly, in every regard
including, but not limited to the verification and authenticity of
valid, acceptable identification. Is responsible for ensuring that
all alcohol purchases are made by persons aged 21 and older &
tobacco purchases are made by persons aged 18 and older. Verifies
proper identification of customers who appear to be under the age
of 30 that are making an alcohol or tobacco purchase.
- As mandated by California state law; Cashiers who sell
alcoholic beverages must be18 years old or older.
- Follows safe work standards and reports any safety hazards to
the management member in charge.
- Availability requirements include but are not limited to; days,
evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth in employee handbook
at all times.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
accuracy, customer service, appearance, quality, safety, and
Customer Service Skills
Cashiers are expected to provide customer service that is extra
ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They are
required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Cashiers
are expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat others
with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions such as safety
rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. Cashiers must have the
ability to speak, read and understand English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, cashiers are regularly
required to stand for long periods of time; walk; reaching;
bending; frequent use of wrists; hands, hands to finger; handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls. A Cashier is frequently required
to bend at the waist and reach with their arms and hands into
customer's grocery cart to collect merchandise. A cashier is
occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. Cashiers must frequently lift and /or move up to 50
pounds. Cashiers must have the ability to speak effectively with
customers and staff members. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: barista, bartender, bistro, cashier front
end, casino, counter man, food runner, greeter seater cashier, host
cashier, prep cook
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Front End - Cashier, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!