Meat - Cutter
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Bristol Farms / Lazy Acres Natural Market
Job Title: Meat Cutter
Reports To: Meat Manager and Store Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This is a customer service driven position. Not only does the Meat
Cutter need to have the necessary knowledge and skill to work the
equipment, but he or she must also have the willingness,
commitment, and motivation to serve customers and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Meat Cutter cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats to
portion and prepares meat in cooking form while under the
supervision of the Meat Manager by performing the following duties
(other duties may be assigned):
- Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce
to cooking cuts such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and
- Works out by products -- lamb necks, riblets, veal products --
assures nothing gets old.
- Breaks veal and lamb.
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
- Tends electric grinder to grind meat.
- Shapes and ties roasts. Fills showcase once meat has been
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery.
- Assures that deliveries are put away and rotated.
- Informs Meat Manager on status of stock -- especially shortage
- Assures back-up supply of marinated products and sale
- Assures that enough counter help is on the floor to guarantee
excellent customer service.
- Assures that customer special requests are met with
- Provides information to customers about all the cuts of lamb,
pork, beef, poultry, and types of sausage, convenience items and
- Prepares convenience items for the show case including but not
limited to kabobs, stir-fry, stuffed items, and marinated
- Provides customers with information regarding the preparation
of product in the showcase.
- Maintains all Meat Department display cases up to Bristol Farms
- Responsible to organize and direct all Meat Cutters in
prioritizing tasks; checking production and quality control;
maintaining proper rotation of all perishable products; receiving
procedures; sanitation and safety; management.
- Trains all Meat Cutters and Apprentices to cut meat and display
according to merchandising plan.
- To learn Assistant Manager job responsibilities for
consideration of future advancement.
- Engages and coaches others in suggestive selling
- Responsible for serving customers with excellent service and
adhering to the "15 Second Service" policy.
- Ensures the active practice of "7 Points to Extraordinary
- Follows the owner/partner handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, and cleanliness.
At times, may directly supervise 3-5 employees in the Meat
Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with Bristol Farms policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include: training; planning, assigning and directing work;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Service Skills (15 Second Service policy)
All Meat Cutters are required to acknowledge and/or greet customers
within the first 15 seconds of the customer's arrival. Customers
are to be greeted and/or acknowledged while waiting at a counter,
or as they are passed on the sales floor. The "Seven Points to
Extraordinary Service" are to be fully executed by Meat Cutters at
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); six months
to one-year related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to add, subtract, divide, and
multiply using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: banquet, blender, catering, coffee, food
industry, foodservice, kitchen, meat processing, poultry,
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Meat - Cutter, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!