Scientist I, Oligonucleotide Chemistry
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 21, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
The Oligonucleotide Research Scientist I will focus on preclinical
research and development in oligonucleotide therapeutics. The role
will be responsible for the synthesis and purification of modified
oligonucleotides. This position will drive deliverables to meet
project needs using internal and external resources. Operates,
maintains, and troubleshoots oligonucleotide synthesizers.
Join Takeda as a Scientist 1 in our Oligonucleotide Chemistry team,
based in San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Executes synthesis, purification, and characterization of
oligonucleotides in the lab and through effective management of
external CRO teams.
- Optimize protocols for synthesis of oligonucleotides for novel
- Develop and optimize high throughput workflows for
oligonucleotide conjugation and analyses.
- Collaborate with project teams, as well as core Chemistry team,
to expand oligonucleotide synthesis capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to accomplish goals
under strict timelines.
- Contributes to the identification of novel delivery technology
applicable to ASO and/or siRNA therapeutics. Minimum
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent), or
- MS with 6+ years relevant experience, or
- BS with 8+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
- Hands-on experience with solid phase oligonucleotide
- Hands-on experience in purification methods RP, IEX, SEC, and
- Experience with oligonucleotide conjugates is preferred What
Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are
Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
San Diego, CA
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Encinitas , Scientist I, Oligonucleotide Chemistry, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!