Seafood - Clerk
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Bristol Farms / Lazy Acres Natural Market
Job Title: Seafood Counter Clerk
Reports To: Seafood Manager and Store Director
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Because this is a customer service driven position, the Seafood
Counter Clerk must also have the willingness, commitment, and
motivation to serve customers and Bristol Farms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Seafood Counter Clerk obtains or prepares food items requested
by customers by performing the following duties. (Other duties may
- Responsible to learn procedures and products offered for sale
in the Seafood Department.
- Responsible to learn all codes used in the Seafood
- Responsible for learning product location (including sales
floor,); descriptions and ingredients.
- Responsible to learn general cooking procedures and usage for
all seafood products.
- Responsible to learn the production of prepared food items.
(marinades and stuffers)
- Satisfies customer requests by obtaining items from behind the
Seafood Department counters.
- Labels and packages customer purchases in such a way as to
avoid spills or leakage and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accurately scales all weighable merchandise, including the use
of correct tare codes, to determine price.
- Sets up displays and stocks shelves, coolers, counter, bins,
tables, freezers, containers, or trays with new merchandise.
- Responsible to cull codes and face self serve cases.
- Responsible to follow the direction of management and
- Responsible for serving customers with excellent service and
adhering to the "15 Second Service" policy.
- Ensures the active practice of "7 Points to Extraordinary
- Follows the owner/partner handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, and cleanliness.
Customer Service Skills (15 Second Service policy)
All Seafood Counter Clerks are required to acknowledge and/or greet
customers within the first 15 seconds of the customer's arrival.
Customers are to be greeted and/or acknowledged while waiting at a
counter, or as they are passed on the sales floor. The "Seven
Points to Extraordinary Service" are to be fully executed by
Seafood Counter Clerks at all times.
Education and/or Experience
Less than High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
one to three months experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiply using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge Of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the clerk is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. He or she occasionally is required to
reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The individual must
frequently lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the clerk regularly works
near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: clean, dish, kitchen utility, lavaplatos,
sanitation, service assistant, steward, stock, wash, washer
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Seafood - Clerk, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!