ESG Strategy Lead
Company: Net Impact
Posted on: September 22, 2022
thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and
communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across
industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action,
and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives
guide every stage of our clients' sustainability journey from ESG
strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering
compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder
value.In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX
celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive
workplace. It's even one of our values - check it out on ourwebsite
.The Role:As ESG Strategy Lead, you will play a key role partnering
with clients in ESG strategy and reporting to guide and support
progress on sustainability goals. Your day-to-day will focus on
crafting work products with the Accounts Team, providing ESG
subject matter expertise and deepening client relationships with
counsel on disclosure, topics, trends, and tactics that provide
business value and contribute to sustainable development. You will
also work with our Head of ESG Strategy to continue evolving our
services to meet emerging client needs.Your responsibilities will
- Advise clients on their sustainability priorities, goals,
action plans and metrics, using a combined approach of desktop
research with internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with clients to evolve their sustainability/ESG
reporting journey and support them in the development of meaningful
public disclosure strategies.
- Analyze ESG-related data, particularly materiality survey
- Create, review, and deliver work products including: ESG health
checks, materiality assessments, ESG strategies, ESG roadmaps,
reporting strategies, and ESG report content.
- Contribute to development of materials for client meetings
(e.g., kick-off presentations).
- Support the Accounts team in the delivery of multiple
- Act as a sounding board for the Accounts Team.
- Work with and present directly to clients.
- Uncover opportunities for organic growth with existing
clients.Team development and efficiency:
- Create and evolve templates and guidance materials for our core
services in partnership with the Head of ESG Strategy.
- Provide training sessions to Accounts Team to strengthen key
skills and the team's knowledge base.Opportunity development:
- Support the Accounts Team in developing strategy for project
- Contribute to proposals and pitches for new and existing
- Represents tPX at conferences and industry events.
- Produce tPX thought leadership.Qualifications:
- Experience with ESG strategy, metrics, and reporting,
preferably in an agency, consulting, or corporate environment.
- Experience applying at least some of the following
standards/frameworks/ratings systems: CDP, DJSI, GRI, ISS, MSCI,
SASB, TCFD, and/or UN SDGs.
- Ability to efficiently analyze ESG data and draw objective
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, specifically the ability to use
functions, formulas, data validation, queries, pivot tables, and
data extraction from other sources (MS Excel or Google
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work
- Interest to develop training materials and teach/mentor
teammates on our practices and new service offerings.
- Solid strategic thinker with a proactive approach.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BONUS: Working knowledge of ESG tools/software (Metrio,
OneReport, Workiva, etc).
- BONUS: Working knowledge of business insight and analytics
tools/software (MS Power BI, Tableau, etc.)This is a full-time,
remote position. Team members who live in southern California also
have the option of working occasionally from the thinkPARALLAX
office in Encinitas, CA. All team members are invited to
company-wide retreats several times each year to work on salient
business topics and to get to know each other in-person. These
events are typically in the southern California region.Since
thinkPARALLAX is California-based, the ideal candidate will be
working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.We encourage
our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include
medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation,
two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a
monthly wellness reimbursement, and an optional 3-day travel
program to expand our employees' perspectives and creativity. We
also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who
qualify.We consider all applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status.If you think you would be a great addition to the
team, please send the following firstname.lastname@example.org:1. Email
subject line: "ESG Strategy Lead application"
2. Your resum--.
3. Responses to the following questions in whatever format you
think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in
a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it
mean to you?
- What part of the work we do at thinkPARALLAX excites you the
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might
be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
Keywords: Net Impact, Encinitas , ESG Strategy Lead, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!