Software Developer - Special Applications
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
New position to join the video software team in Common Software s
Special Applications group. This position will support and enhance
video decoding and storage across a wide range of customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
- Assist in planning and coordinating the maintenance of programs
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in
- Provide direction to less experienced developers.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community through the
publishing and presentation of technical papers. May assist in the
development of additional sources of revenue.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practicesWe recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
computer science, information systems or related discipline and
progressive software development experience as follows; six or more
years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of
experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD.
May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
- This position requires:
- Programming in C and C++ languages
- Red Hat Linux and Linux kernel programming
- Programming multi-threaded applications
- Ethernet networking, including TCP/IP, UDP/IP and Multicast
- Desired experience includes:
- An understanding of video protocols, including NTSC, H.264,
H.265 and MPEG2 transport streams
- Measuring and evaluating video card performance
- Programming using the ffmpeg APIs
- User support and problem debugging
- Writing requirements, test plans and end user guides
Keywords: General Atomics, Encinitas , Software Developer - Special Applications, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!