Senior Production Associate (Biotech)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Kelly Science & Clinical has been connecting scientists with
meaningful work at industry leading companies for over 25 years!
Today we are excited to be hiring a Senior Production Associate for
an emerging agro-biotech in San Diego, CA. The Senior Production
Associate (high throughput genotyping) will bring a strong
background in operating and troubleshooting automated liquid
handling systems, experience with molecular genotyping workflows,
and capabilities to supervise junior team members. This position
offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to grow
and influence in a dynamic R&D environment focused on cutting
edge gene editing technology. Apply today to start the conversation
about what's next in your career! Responsibilities
- Operate and trouble shoot all aspects of Hamilton Star
automated liquid handlers running DNA extraction, NGS Library
preparation and PCR based molecular genotyping workflows.
- Supervise 1-2 junior operators.
- Help coordinate pipeline materials and tasks across shifts and
- Perform quality assurance and quality control checks.
- Identify process gaps and help implement new ideas to improve
- Participate in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) revision
- In charge of equipment maintenance and calibration schedule
- B.S. degree in a Biological Science or Engineering with 2-5
years of experience or M.S. with 0-2 years of experience.
- Strong experience operating automated liquid handlers such as
Hamilton Star. Demonstrated ability to independently overcome
routine automation challenges to ensure pipeline up time.
- Experience building scripts for automated liquid handlers is
- Solid understanding of PCR based molecular diagnostic protocols
such as qPCR and NGS amplicon resequencing.
- Strong experience performing DNA extraction, NGS Library
preparation and/or PCR based molecular diagnostic or genotyping
- Prior experience working with Quality Management Systems and/or
LIMS is desirable.
- Process-oriented mind-set with demonstrated ability to improve
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others and
capabilities to supervise junior team members.
- Proactive communicator with demonstrated success using oral and
written strategies to communicate project status and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including afternoon to
evening and weekend shifts.
- Prior experience working in an agricultural biotech and/or
plant biology environment is desired, but not essential. Schedule
and interview with Athena Text Athena at with any questions. Please
be sure to include which job you are interested in. You should
know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a
requirement for this job in compliance with current client and
governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share
more details with you during the interview process. Why Kelly - ?
Kelly - Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific
and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like
you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that
fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching
should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a
professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or
two about the science market and how to get you noticed. About
Kelly - At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Encinitas , Senior Production Associate (Biotech), Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!