Patient Service Specialist - ED
Company: Scripps Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and
respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference
in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're
open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas as a
Patient Service Specialist - ED supporting the Access Management/ED
Admitting Department. Working together you'll bring your expertise,
compassion and excellence to all we do. The ideal candidate will
thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy providing world class
The ED Patient Service Specialist interacts with patients,
payers and providers to gather information necessary for accurate
registration including assigning of appropriate Medical Record
Number, scheduling/re-scheduling, referral/authorization, payment
collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
You'll create a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients
while being responsible for the following:
- Provide a proactive approach to customer service by listening
to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and escalates issues
as appropriate in order to resolve concerns.
- Manage the patient interaction from start to finish, which may
include identification verification; updating or confirming patient
demographic and insurance information; ensuring appropriate forms
are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient
visit; verifying coverage including benefits, authorization,
pre-determination, payer specific policy exclusions or limitations
to coverage, collecting any patient responsibility and accurately
preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation.
- Discussing payment arrangement options including financial
assistance information, providing price estimates.
- Coordinate scheduling, meeting and travel planning needs,
department communication as needed.
- Assist in gathering necessary reports, statistics, and outcomes
for the department as needed
This is a Part Time (48 hours per pay period), Night Shift
position with varying days and 12 hour shifts starting at 7PM,
located at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. Ability to work a
flexible schedule which includes some weekends is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer
- Excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with
ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in customer service or a
healthcare/medical office environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government
health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements,
understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPCS
Codes and Modifiers.
Keywords: Scripps Health, Encinitas , Patient Service Specialist - ED, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!