Work at Encinita's hottest new resort, Alila Marea Beach Resort
Encinitas! A defining and iconic beachfront resort located in North
County, San Diego, Alila Marea is just 28 miles north of San Diego
International Airport. The vibe here is refreshingly unpretentious,
artsy and chill, and a place where the local residents take a
balanced, holistic approach to the good life.
True to Alila's pillars of conscious travel, VAGA Restaurant &
Bar offers a menu of modern creations that celebrates the finest
local and sustainably sourced ingredients, including the incredible
bounty of the ocean that hugs our shores. Our award-winning
Executive Chef, Claudette Zepeda, is a San Diego native who gives
expression to the region's unique cultures and landscapes in an
exciting confluence of flavors that sing in harmony.
We are looking for colleagues who can quickly perpetuate a
culture that embraces great design and superlative service. We seek
unique individuals who have a passion for exceptional hotel service
that is both intuitive and personal, and who best express that
belief in an atmosphere of spontaneity and authenticity. At Alila
Hotels, a Hyatt Hotels brand, we believe our guests select our
luxury resort because of our caring and attentive colleagues who
are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful,
surprisingly different experiences.
The Catering/Event Sales Manager is responsible for actively
selling and servicing events with an emphasis in catering. Primary
sales efforts are in the wedding, social, and single day corporate
category. Servicing of these events includes menu planning, agenda
setting, and hotel meeting services. Responsibilities also include
contract review and facilitating communication before, during and
post event with resort staff to ensure a high level of service.
The Catering/Event Sales Manager also host hotel tours, maintain
strong customer relationships, participate and may lead event
meetings and other staff meetings, and work as a team member with
the sales and events staff. The Catering/Event Sales Manager drives
customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
experience. The Manager maintains a thorough knowledge of resort
and all its products, programs and services as well as awareness of
other roles and responsibilities throughout the organization. In
addition to maintaining our vision by adhering to our values, this
position must provide the highest level of service to our guests in
all sales related functions while maximizing rate and occupancy.
The manager also works closely with an assigned Administrative
Assistant and other support staff.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include but are not
- Creating memorable, well executed events for a wide range of
clientele by planning and organizing with clients with an aim of
creating repeat guests.
- Handling the planning of event inquiries (including corporate,
wedding and social bookings), quoting hotel rate information,
planning of all details in conjunction with the event and liaising
with 3rd party suppliers where required.
- Manage the contracting process, ensuring the client receives
confirmation of their booking, along with the company terms &
- Regularly monitor and review all prospect, tentative and lost
business inquires with the aim of driving increased conversion
- Communicate effectively with the operational departments to
ensure a seamless experience for the customer.
- Conduct site inspections and meet with clients to discuss their
requirements (entertaining of clients may be required in the
evenings and weekends).
- Ensure good working relationships with key customers through a
professional demeanor and informative manner ensuring product and
competitor knowledge is current at all times.
- Work with an entrepreneurial mind-set, strategically looking at
potential business opportunities.
Join our team and enjoy bountiful benefits:
Complimentary on-site parking!
Discounted Hyatt Hotel rooms and complimentary Hyatt Hotel rooms
after a year of service!
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance!
401k with generous company match after one year!
Vacation time and sick time available after 90 days!
Great work environment!
Enjoy incredible ocean views!
Highly competitive pay!
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and catering in a luxury hotel
- Wedding sales and servicing experience of at least two
- Experience telephone sales with proven sales negotiating and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple guests and operational demands with
a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- College degree preferred