Patient Service Representative - Radiology
Company: Scripps Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and
respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference
in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're
open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas as a
Patient Service Representative supporting our Radiology -
Diagnostics department. Primary responsibilties of this role
include checking in patients, releasing images to patients and MDs,
and reviewing the physicians' schedules in preparation for upcoming
appointments. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive
Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible
for the following:
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather
information necessary for accurate registration including assigning
of Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorizations,
payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Scheduling patient appointments. Successful scheduling includes
exhibiting proficiency in appointment scheduling procedures,
accurate documentation and routing of messages, scheduling and
confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering
insurance, performing Key User duties.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to
the patient, taking ownership of solutions and being able to
accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to
This is a Casual (per diem, non-benefitted) position with eight
hour shifts working a varied schedule between the hours of 6:30AM -
7PM, located at our Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer
applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with
ability to identify and solve problems.
- 1 or more years of experience in a customer service or
healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government
health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements,
understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes
Keywords: Scripps Health, Encinitas , Patient Service Representative - Radiology, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!