Lead, Revenue Cycle - ED
Company: Scripps Health
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Since 1978, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has been serving
North County's coastal communities. We provide trusted hospital and
emergency care. In 2019, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas was
recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its performance in colon
cancer surgery, knee replacement, and in treating heart failure.
Job Type: Business Office Job ID: 1049416 Job Description
Requirements Job Description At Scripps Health, you will experience
the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been
repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to
Work. You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So
if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential. At
Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect
of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of
the nation's Top 100 Places to Work. You'll be surrounded by people
committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and
their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock
your potential. Join a winning team at Scripps Memorial Hospital
Encinitas as a Lead, Revenue Cycle in the Patient Financial
Services Billing Emergency Department. This role is responsible for
assisting with daily department operations including providing
outstanding customer service to a wide range of both internal
(physicians, nurses, case managers, etc.) and external (patients
and visitors) customers, assisting the supervisor with process
improvement and quality assurance projects, and acting as a coach
and mentor to the members of our cardiac registration, insurance
verification, scheduling, and financial counseling team. General
Lead, Revenue Cycle responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing quality audits and works towards assurance of
consistency and standardization of procedures.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current policies, practices
and procedures and provide guidance to staff.
- Responsible for assisting/preparing staff schedules and
managing coverage arrangements to ensure excellent patient
- Providing department orientation and training including
ensuring assessments and annual education competencies are
- Providing feedback for consideration on staff's annual
performance evaluations, as well as verbal and written input to
leadership regarding job performance, improvement and corrective
action in a timely manner.
- Providing input to new employee hiring.
- Assisting manager with timekeeping editing as needed.
- Responsible for managing access related workflows and ensuring
benchmarks are met and end of day reconciliation is accurate.
- Engaging in patient Check-in, Check-out, scheduling, as well as
billing coordination to provide technical and leadership support as
- Communicating with customers including clinical and
non-clinical staff, physicians and leadership to assist in managing
- Providing appropriate resolution to patient complaints.
- Fulfilling coordinator duties as needed.
- Leading performance improvement projects and maintains employee
and department productivity reports.
- Acting as the department manager/supervisor in their
- Performing other duties as assigned. This is a benefitted Full
Time position with--evening shifts--that includes some weekends,
located at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. Scripps Health is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. Scripps Health is a
non-profit health care delivery network dedicated to the community
it calls home: San Diego, California. We are:
- Home to 5 hospitals, 30+ outpatient centers and hundreds of
affiliated physician offices
- Known for our compassionate, collaborative culture
- The only San Diego-based company to make Fortune magazine's 100
Best Places to Work
- Consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the
- At the forefront of clinical research and education, with three
highly respected graduate medical education programs and one of the
top teaching hospitals in the nation Join Our Talent Network Not
ready to apply? Receive alerts with new job opportunities that
match your interests Receive relevant communications and updates
from our organization Share job opportunities with family and
friends through social media and email
Keywords: Scripps Health, Encinitas , Lead, Revenue Cycle - ED, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!