Med Tech-Assisted Living-Per Diem
Company: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Supports the resident medication management and treatment plan
under the direction of an LVN. Assist as required in providing care
for residents receiving services in our Leichtag Family Assisted
Living Program. II. CUSTOMER/CLIENTS SERVED BY POSITION: Leichtag
residents, family members, guests, visitors, team members, vendors,
community at large and Federal and CA State regulators. III.
OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS WELL DONE: Well being of residents exceeds
resident and family expectations. Resident's care meets state
requirements and meets or exceeds Seacrest Village's standards of
quality care, quality business practices, and quality people
relationships. IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma, and
prefer a graduate from an accredited school for certified nursing
assistants (C N A) but will consider Caregiver with 3 years of
experience as a Med Tech. V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of
one (1) year as CNA/Caregiver with Geriatric Care experience and a
minimum of six (6) months experience working as a Med
Tech/Assistant or equivalent experience demonstrating same or like
responsibility. VI. SKILLS, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR SPECIAL
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Current First Aid Course/certificate,
ability to work with geriatric population, medical professionals,
families and staff, English language a must. Current CNA
certificate preferred. Medical terminology and knowledge of proper
transfer techniques necessary. General knowledge of blood pressure
equipment, blood glucose, thermometer, oxygen tank equipment. Be a
team player. Utilize excellent communication skills with Residents,
Families, Physicians and Community. Knowledge of pharmacology. Food
Handlers certificate. Possess and implement appropriate phone
etiquette. Able to pass pre-employment physical/TB test and obtain
fingerprint clearance as required by our licensure. Medication
certification desirable. Completes initial 40 hour training as
outlined in Title 22 to include 6 hours of dementia care and 4
hours specific to postural supports, restricted health conditions,
and hospice care, initial Med Tech training as outlined in Title 22
to include 8 hours online training and 16 hours hands on training,
followed by annual 20 hours training as outline in Title 22 to
include 8 hours of dementia care and 4 hours specific to postural
supports, restricted health conditions and hospice care and annual
med tech training as outlined in Title 22 with 8 hours online
training. VII. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES THAT MUST BE SAFELY PERFORMED
WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT POSING A DIRECT
THREAT TO OTHER EMPLOYEES, RESIDENTS, OR SELF: WORK PERFORMANCE -
job knowledge, quality, productivity, planning, creativity,
initiative MEDICATION MANAGEMENT -
- Assists Residents with self administration of medications under
the direction of the LVN Med System Coordinator.
- Demonstrates ability to pour and pass medications using 6
Rights and 3 Check Method.
- Carryout written doctor's orders for prescriptions and
treatment. Calls pharmacy for order assuring the process complies
with DSS regulations.
- Carry out supervisor's and physician's instructions in
medication program to include maintaining records, and observing
residents and reporting for any changes in physical and/or mental
- Reorder medications and supplies.
- Admission process; Sets up POS and MAR for new resident. Assist
the Director during a new Admission or re-admission process.
- Assists in the supervision of and provides guidance to
caregivers when LVN Supervisor or the Director of Assisted Living
are not present or working. RESIDENT CARE -
- Ability to assess and to respond to resident issues and use
proper judgement for same. Follow-up with appropriate paper
documentation and advise Director of A.L and LVN Supervisor.
- Assist caregivers as may be required for ADL's and dining room
- Able to assist residents in all ADL needs (Activities of daily
- Able to take and record vital signs (BP and T.P.R.)
- Coordinate with Director of A.L, the care of residents. Use
documentation system to record physical or mental health and
- Assists the Director during the Admission-re/Admission
- Assists with reporting appropriate documentation to LPA as
- Assist with the training and orientation of new staff as it
pertains to the role of the med tech/assistant.
- May assist Life Enrichment Staff in reminding and escorting
residents to and from scheduled events.
- Report to LVN/Director any medication irregularities.
- Ability to read and interpret written procedures and
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and Infection Control
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of current EMR system.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for resident's privacy.
Complies with Residents rights.
- Assist Director of AL/LVN by providing information for Resident
Service Plan. FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE - attendance,
dependability, achievement, interpersonal skills
- Make time to have fun at work, laugh, breathe and smell
- Regular, punctual attendance. Flexibility in schedule as it may
include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Attend AL department and employee staff meetings.
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Be a team player and able to get along well with co-workers and
other departments. MISSION, VISION, POLICY AND REGULATIONS - SV
Philosophy, adherence to policy, judgment
- Familiarize self with Seacrest Village mission/vision, rules,
policies and procedures and same with the Jewish Tradition as
observed by our residents, family and guests.
- Observes safety regulations; to include but not limited to
wearing appropriate safety equipment, reporting work related
injuries, using proper body mechanics, responding to fire/disaster
alarms and wearing security badge.
- Follow timekeeping policy utilizing timeclock to record all
hours worked to include mandatory meal period of thirty minutes by
the 5 th hour of work and OT is authorized by supervisor.
(exception is when a duty meal agreement is signed and approved by
HR & supervisor).
- Wear appropriate clothing per facility and assisted living
uniform policy to include name badge.
- As a matter of SV policy and federal and state law; attends
applies "minimum necessary", "needs to know" guidelines on all PHI
information and reports non-compliance violations to Privacy
- As a mandated reporter per DOJ requirements; attends Mandated
Reporter Abuse training meetings, will report all abuse incidents;
physical, emotional, financial, sexual, verbal, completing the 1)
SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, 2) calling the ombudsmen and/or
department of health services; for Assisted Living and Independent
Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective services), and 3)
informing supervisor so resident can be protected.
- Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of
conduct, of performing work with an ethical behavior and utilizing
proper business conduct and professional practice, that complies
with applicable laws, rules and regulations; as serving the
residents, preserving the organizational reputation, maintaining
resident/employee trust, community respect. Reports non-compliance
or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer. VIII. EQUIPMENT
REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: 1. Digital
thermometer, 2. Wheelchair/walker, 3. Weighing Scale, 4. Blood
pressure cuff and stethoscope, 5.Personal protective equipment
(gloves), 6. Telephone, 7. Oxygen equipment, 8. Med cart, treatment
and medication sets, 9. Computer , Fax machine, 10. Blood Glucose
monitoring equipment, 11. Copy machine. IX.PHYSICAL DEMANDS While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk on their feet for several hours at a time.
Hands, fingers, arms are frequently used for holding, stretching,
and reaching. Knowledge of proper unassisted transfer procedures
and body mechanics. The employee will be expected to be able to
climb a flight of stairs, transport and accompany residents in
elevator, balance, kneed, stoop, bend and crouch. The employee must
be able to life or move, unassisted, up to 25 lbs. Able to lift,
bend, stretch, squat, stand up and other movements in performance
of general care functions and reach in confined spaces. The
employee must occasionally assist a resident weighing more than 100
pounds with appropriate assistance and equipment. Good vision and
hearing are required due to the safety of our residents.
Keywords: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, Encinitas , Med Tech-Assisted Living-Per Diem, Other , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!