Staff Software Engineer - Army Supervisor
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 13, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
With limited direction, our Senior Staff Software Developer
independently determines approaches/solutions for the design,
development and/or modification of specific programs or projects
for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management
software applications. Formulates near-term plans of application
development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting
software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall
computing environment; responsible for documentation, testing,
maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain
experts, outside customers, users, and management throughout the
software development lifecycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Assist in planning and coordinating the maintenance of
enterprise solutions including debugging and updating to keep pace
with the evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in
- Provide direction to less experienced developers.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community through the
publishing and presentation of technical papers. May assist in the
development of additional sources of revenue.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices. Other duties
assigned as required.We recognize and appreciate the value and
contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
computer science, information system or related discipline and
progressive software development experience as follows; nine or
more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more
years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of software
development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate
extensive expertise and application of programming and analysis
- Must possess the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct,
and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or
milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to
effectively interface with other departments, customers, government
representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of
representing the organization as a prime technical contact and the
ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced
- Must be customer focused, able to work on a self-initiated
basis or in a team environment and, able to work extended hours and
travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Staff Software Engineer - Army Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!