Software Engineer - Air Force
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 12, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Develop software for the industry leading Unmanned Aerial Systems
(UAS). Under general supervision with minimal guidance, this
position executes and/or reviews all phases of the software
development lifecycle including: requirements, design, code, unit
test, and functional test on target hardware while upholding
software compliance standards. Daily tasks include, but not limited
to: developing and reviewing software requirements to fulfill
project needs, developing and reviewing innovative software design
solutions and relative design documentation, communicating designs
up, down, and laterally within and beyond the software engineering
department, writing and reviewing code, hands-on functional
unit/integration testing of software on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
and Ground Control Stations in on-site systems integration lab and
at off-site flight test facilities. Developer will collaborate with
subject matter experts, outside customers and vendors, UAS
operators, and management throughout the development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine UAS user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Develop software design documentation and software design
- Implement documented design including coding and testing while
adhering to coding standards.
- UAS code maintenance including debugging and capability
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new
developments in UAS technology.
- Communicate software requirements and design with the software
development group, management, customer, and operators.
- Independently plan and status own work with minimal
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer
science, information systems or related discipline and two or more
years progressive software development experience with a bachelors
degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- Must be able to adhere to department guidelines, processes, and
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and,
determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with
assistance, at the project level and to provide solutions to a
range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and, lead
a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience in additional programming languages: C#, Java,
Python, Makefile system
- Experience with real time operating/embedded systems
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience in Unified Modeling Language
- Experience in source version control tools: subversion
- Experience in conforming to Interface Control Documents/Data
- Experience with developing software unit level tests
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Software Engineer - Air Force, IT / Software / Systems , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!