Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for future leaders who are ready to grow with our
At Tocaya Organica we use bold flavors and the best ingredients to
proudly create our signature "Modern Mexican" cuisine. Our
versatile menu is rooted in traditional Mexican recipes and
naturally accommodates a variety of preferences including vegan,
vegetarian, and gluten-free.
Our methods and flavor-focused menu inspire a growing group of
loyal guests who join us multiple times a week, eager to introduce
the Tocaya experience to their friends as well.
The role as a Prep Cook is extremely important to our success. Our
Prep cooks are responsible for preparing food in a timely manner,
maintaining Tocaya's excellent food quality and presentation,
minimizing unnecessary food waste, and maintaining high levels of
food safety and food preparation in alignment with the health
department national standards. Candidates must have previous
kitchen experience, accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks,
and the ability to maintain a clean station while preparing food
Setting the tone:
- Successful prep cooks know the importance of working in a team
with positivity and "leaving our baggage at the door."
- They maintain a positive and professional approach with
coworkers and customers
- Communicates well with others and is a great team player
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering
meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen
- Answer, report and follow Executive or Chef de Cuisine's
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and
in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety
- Follows and enforces all company recipes.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and
other food items for cooking in broilers, grills, fryers and a
variety of kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion
sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules,
policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including
tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, saut-- burners, flat top
range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, saut--ing or
other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning
- Follows proper plate presentation.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as
- Knowledge of the industry and relevant health and safety
- Current Food Handlers card.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Ability to maintain a clean station while preparing food for
- Previous Kitchen Experience Preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs, and frequently lift and bend
from the waist.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- This position requires frequent use of hands and arms in
- Regularly required to handle hot food.
Keywords: tocaya, Encinitas , Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!