Company: Laz Parking
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED! LAZ Parking is
one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the
country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces
across the country. When it comes to parking, were the experts! We
are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say parking is our
industry but people are our passion. Our mission is to create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients. If youre
looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position: The Customer Service Representative
greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and
clients. How do you know if this is the right job for you?! You
- Youre charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way
- Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because
its not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You dont fold and get overwhelmed easily.
Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic computer skills in the parking revenue
- Able to work with or without supervision
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of
- Timely and demonstrates sense of urgency.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- A team player and can help motivate your team. What will I do?
- Greet customer by name, be responsive and timely with
correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring
attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office;
help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing
premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do
- Add/delete accounts, and key in required information from
monthly applications in the parking revenue control system.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Oversee general maintenance of the garage sweeping, wiping down
surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing
light bulbs, etc.
- Maintain and repair any malfunctioning parking equipment to
ensure appropriate access to customers.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Administer the Taxi Company Access Cards.
- Inspect Taxis to ensure that they need modified CDOT safety
requirements and to inform failure of these requirements through
the denial of access and notifications as directed.
- The starter will act as liaison between the Taxis and the
customer, helping to answer questions regarding fares, ride
- Calling up cabs from the holding area to the waiting area from
one staff to another.
- Minor gate arm repairs etc. for the Taxi Operation
- Provide Porto-lets for the Taxi Holding Area as requested by
CDOT, (currently 2 unites being serviced twice weekly)
- Employees are to have appropriate Background and Eligibility
Checks completed and such documents are subject to review by
- All positions that require frequent public interaction
managers, cashier, taxi starter must have excellent communication
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on
decisions made (not easily persuaded). Physical Demands:
- Willingness to work in the elements heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
shift.The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt To be
hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and
pre-employment drug screen. LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity
employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are
firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to
all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled,
recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No
question in our application process is used for the process of
limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment
on such grounds.This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Laz Parking, Encinitas , Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!