CNA/RNA-Skilled Nursing-Per Diem
Company: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities-Best Place
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Corporate -Encinitas - Encinitas, CA
$21.00 - $23.00 Hourly
I. BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist in providing care for Residents receiving services in our
Long Term Healthcare facility. Promotes resident well-being and
satisfaction through support with activities of daily living.
Promotes resident well-being and satisfaction by performing
restorative nursing activities in accordance with the patient care
plan. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident needs
are met. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident
needs are met.
II. CUSTOMER/CLIENTS SERVED BY POSITION:
Goldberg Healthcare Residents, resident family and guests,
Department managers, supervisors, support staff, outside vendors
and state and federal regulators.
III. OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS WELL DONE:
Well being of residents meets resident and family expectations.
Resident's care meets state requirements and meets or exceeds The
Seacrest Village standards of quality care, quality business
practices, and quality people relationships. State survey is meet
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma and or equivalent. California Certified Nurse
Assistant for CNA's.
V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Six (6) months skilled nursing care experience preferred. Will
train motivated CNA whose goals are to stay in long term care. NOC
shift requires a minimum of two (2) years experience
VI. SPECIAL SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATION AND /OR SPECIALTRAINING
Ability to work with geriatric population, medical professionals,
families and staff, English language a must. Current CA State CNA
certificate mandatory for CNA position. Knowledge of proper body
mechanics and transfer procedures. Has basic computer skills and
knowledge to navigate and use current EMR program/system and point
of care. General knowledge of oxygen tanks and equipment. Ability
to read and interpret written procedures and directions. Knowledge
of proper use of gait belt, and Hoyer lift. CNA renewal must be the
responsibility of the employee to keep current. Medical terminology
helpful and knowledge of proper transfer techniques necessary. Able
to pass pre-employment physical/TB test and obtain fingerprint
clearance as required by our licensure. Must be able to push and
lift without restrictions. Good mental and physical maturity. No
previous conviction of abuse or neglect.
VII. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES THAT MUST BE SAFELY PERFORMED WITH OR
WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WITHOUTPOSING A DIRECT THREAT TO
OTHER EMPLOYEES, RESIDENTS AND STAFF:
WORK PERFORMANCE - job knowledge, quality, productivity, planning,
- Able to take and record vital signs (BP and T.P.R. and weigh
residents when assigned.)
- Coordinate with person in charge for care of residents and
documentation knowledge. Report change of condition to charge
- Carry out department head's and physician's instructions in
patient care ADL's and observing residents for any changes in
physical or mental health and reporting changes and notifying
- Ability to assess and to respond to resident and staff medical
emergencies and use proper judgment for same.
- Monitor and assist in resident meal periods, assist with
personal care and services for residents. Report any unusual
changes of condition of residents to charge person and document
- Perform duties as assigned using current EMR program on every
- Ability to transfer residents with appropriate assistance and
proper transfer technique. (i.e., from bed to wheelchair or from
wheelchair to toilet).
- Able to assist residents in all ADL needs (Activities of daily
- Encourage, participate and assist in resident participation in
- Assist residents personal laundry as needed.
- Report to charge nurse any changes in behavior mental, weight
loss and physical condition.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for resident's privacy.
Complies with Residents rights.
- Able to communicate well with and relate well to elder
- Assist in dining; pouring coffee, feeding, monitoring meal
- Provides assistance; with activities of daily living such as
grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair, maintaining personal
environment- clothing, linen, personal belongings within apartment
in a manner conducive to the residents comfort and safety.
- Adheres to Standard Precautions and Infection Prevention and
- Transport dirty linens to main laundry as needed- barrels in
hallway used and housekeeping picks them up.
- Perform acceptable personal grooming and cleanliness that meets
standard dress code and is within Seacrest uniform guidelines.
- Maintain a pleasant courteous attitude with residents, family,
guests and co-workers.
- Performs a variety of repetitive tasks that may involve
- Preserves the dignity and self respect of all residents at all
- Practices conservation of equipment and supplies; keeping them
clean and available.
- Reports equipment and supply needs to charge person.
- Makes rounds of all assigned residents at the start of each
shift to verify their condition and safety and periodically
thereafter, throughout the shift.
- Obtains report from charge nurse of any special needs of
- Adheres to assigned run and makes changes with the approval of
- Assist residents to bathroom or change incontinent resident at
least every 2 hours and as needed.
- Turn and reposition residents as needed.
- Keeps resident fingernails clean, trimmed and manicured.
- Pass nourishment's and assist residents as needed.
- Assist residents to dining room, pass meal trays, assist
residents and dining as needeD
- Provide rest periods to residents according to care plan.
- Make beds and change linens.
- Maintain a clean and odor free unit.
- Assist residents to and from religious services, life
enrichment, and assist residents during life enrichment as
- Observe skin of all assigned residents and report concerns to
- Answer all resident bells promptly.
- Obtain specimens from lab as necessary.
- Accurately record fluid intake.
- Encourage residents to drink fluids during shift.
- Chart ADL sheets; do narrative notes and chart bowel and
bladder training as needed.
- Observe and record bowel movements of assigned residents daily
and notify charge person of irregularities.
- Provides perineal care.
- Assist with procedures for admissions, discharge, transfer, and
death of a resident. RESTORATIVE CARE
- Promote independence and wellness of each resident in
performing restorative and rehabilitative nursing activities in
accordance with the resident care plan.
- Restorative Ambulation Program, (to provide residents the
opportunity to achieve the highest level of self-performance in
walking with or without assisted devices).
- Restorative Range of Motion Program (to improve and maintain
flexibility and strength in the joints of the body).
- Restorative Activities of Daily Living Program (to improve
residents self-esteem and dignity as more independence and
proficiency is achieved in performance of self-care tasks; hygiene,
grooming and dressing.
- Restorative Dining Program - )to preserve the skill of
- feeding as the ability to self-feed is one of the last self
care skills a resident with disabilities is able to perform;
utilize verbal/tactile/manual initiation cue during meal time; use
appropriate utensils/devices, or adaptive equipment depending on
- Maintain master list of residents on Restorative Nursing
Programs, up-to-date. Complete as assigned, the weekly summary in a
- Maintain daily and weekly medical record on attendance and
progression or regression on each resident in each program before
the end of each shift.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of each resident and applies
principles of restorative and rehabilitative nursing in caring for
each resident; confidentiality, preserving the resident rights,
privacy, dignity and self-esteem is part of the total picture of
care in this position. FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE -
attendance, dependability, achievement, interpersonal skills
- Regular, punctual attendance. Flexibility in schedule as it may
include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor; DON, ADON, RN, LVN
- Attend department staff and "All" employee staff meetings.
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Be a team player and able to get along well with co-workers and
other departments. MISSION, VISION, POLICY AND REGULATIONS - SV
Philosophy, Judgment & Adherence to policy
- Familiarize self with Seacrest Village mission/vision, rules,
policies and procedures and same with the Jewish Tradition as
observed by our residents, family and guests.
- Observes safety regulations; to include but not limited to
wearing appropriate safety equipment, reporting work related
injuries, using proper body mechanics and wearing security access
- Payroll/HR- use current computer system to follow timekeeping
policy utilizing timeclock to record all hours worked to include
mandatory meal period of thirty minutes by the 5th hour of work and
OT is authorized by supervisor.
- Wear appropriate clothing per facility and uniform policy.
- As a matter of SV policy and federal and state law; attends
applies "minimum necessary", "needs to know" guidelines on all PHI
information and reports non-compliance violations to Privacy
- As a mandated reporter per DOJ requirements; attends Mandated
Reporter Abuse training meetings, will report all abuse incidents;
physical, emotional, financial, sexual, verbal, completing the 1)
SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, 2) calling the ombudsmen and/or
department of health services; for Assisted Living and Independent
Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective services), and 3)
informing supervisor so resident can be protected.
- Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of
conduct, of performing work with an ethical behavior and utilizing
proper business conduct and professional practice, that complies
with applicable laws, rules and regulations; as serving the
residents, preserving the organizational reputation, maintaining
resident/employee trust, community respect. Reports non-compliance
or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer. VII. NON-ESSENTIAL JOB
- Preparation of meals.
- Cleaning following resident accidents, such as diarrhea,
vomiting, etc. Notify appropriate department for follow-up cleaning
of a rug, toilet, etc. (housekeeping or maintenance)
- Able to use plunger for toilets. VIII. OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS DONE
Residents have all their needs met, documentation is accurate and
the annual survey is successful.
IX. EQUIPMENT REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIALJOB DUTIES:
- Digital thermometer
- Gait belts
- Weighing Scale
- Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope
- Hoyer lift/Electric/Electric E-Z Stand
- Black pen X. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequently is required to
walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle feel objects, tools or
controls; reaches with hands and arms. Must be able to talk and
hear will Good vision is imperative; close, distance, peripheral,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally employee
is required to sit, stoop kneel, crouch or craw. Employees will be
required to lift and or move residents weighing more than 125 lbs.
with appropriate assistance and equipment. Able to bend, stand,
walk and lift in all nursing units. Ability to work in confined
spaces. Ability to carry food trays.
XI.TITLE 22 HEALTH FACILITIES AND REFERRAL AGENCIES 72319
- Maintain proper body alignment and joint movement to prevent
contractures and deformities
- Use pressure reducing devices when indicated
- Provide care to maintain clean, dry skin from feces and
- Change lines and other items in contact with the patient as
necessary, to maintain a clean, dry skin free from feces and
- Each patient requiring help with eating shall be provided with
assistance when served, and shall be provided with training or
adaptive equipment in accordance with identified needs, based upon
patient assessment, to encourage independent eating
- Each patient shall be provided with good nutrition and with
necessary fluids for hydration
- Patient call signal shall be answered promptly, 8)Each patient
shall be treated as an individual with dignity and respect and
shall net be subjected to verbal or physical abuse of any kind
- Each patient shall be provided care, which shows evidence of
good personal hygiene, including care of the skin, shampooing and
grooming of hair, oral hygiene, shaving or beard trimming, cleaning
and cutting of fingernails and toenails
- The patient shall be free from offensive odors
- Each patient shall be encouraged and/or assisted to achieve and
maintain the highest level of self-care and independence. Every
effort shall be made to keep the patients active, and out of bed
for reasonable amount of time, except when contradicted by a
- Each patient shall be given care to prevent formation and
progression of decubiti, contractures and deformities. Such care
shall include: changing positions of bed-fast and chair-fast
patients with preventive skin care in accordance with the patients'
- Encouraging, assisting and training in self-care and activities
of daily living.
Keywords: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities-Best Place, Encinitas , CNA/RNA-Skilled Nursing-Per Diem, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...