Registered Dental Assistant - $28/hr
Company: Senior Dental Center San Marcos
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Position title: Dental Assistant/Registered Dental Assistant
Location: Gary and Mary West Senior Dental Center (GMWSDC) in San
Marcos, CAORGANIZATION OVERVIEW:
The Gary and Mary West Senior Dental Center is a nonprofit,
state-of-the-art dental clinic that specializes in providing
high-quality oral healthcare to seniors in San Diego and
surrounding areas. Our experienced age-specific dentists and
clinical staff deliver gentle and personalized treatment based on
need, lifestyle and budget.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Prepare
patient for scheduled treatment, assist the dentist in performing
scheduled treatment to the patients, prepare materials and
equipment for treatment and have them ready for the dentist's or
hygienist use, take x-rays and assist the dentist in laboratory
work. May perform other related work to include, but not limited
to, making appointments, answer the phone, and ordering dental
supplies. Experience with dental digital technology and working in
a paperless dental environment is a plus.SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental office
protocols and the dentist's or dental hygienist's directions.
- Performs tasks as delegated and directed by the dentist.
- Assists dentist or dental hygienist in taking digital x/rays or
- Ensures all dental instruments and equipment have been properly
sterilized in accordance with the dental office protocols and
- Monitors scheduled patient flow and assists dentist and dental
hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are
properly and accurately completed.
- Ensures the proper disposal of contaminated or potentially
contaminate materials in accordance with the dental office policy's
and state / federal regulation(s).
- Maintains all dental office protocols as well as center
policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure
control and safety issues.
- Maintains Dental office equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's directions and dental office policy and
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of
the dental office as needed.
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on-site and off-site.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work part-time Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00
am to 5:00 pm in San Marcos
- Must be a TEAM player, reliable, able to multi-task and
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Applicant must have a friendly, calm, professional demeanor to
work with seniors in need and staff members at all times.
- Previous experience working in community dental clinic
- Previous experience with paperless office preferred
- Current RDA license a plus
- CEREC experience a plus
- Dentrix or Enterprise Software knowledge a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish a plusJob Type: Long Term Temporary /
Part-time Tuesday, Wed, Thursday Skills:
- General Practice
- Crown Prepping
- Digital X-rays
- Digital Impressions
- Intraoral Photos
- Oral Surgery
- $20-$28/hourPandoLogic. Keywords: Registered Dental Assistant
(RDA), Location: Encinitas, CA - 92024
Keywords: Senior Dental Center San Marcos, Encinitas , Registered Dental Assistant - $28/hr, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!