Medical Front Desk
Company: Hanger, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the
world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)
services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160
years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to
lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior
patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger
employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve
new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide
administrative support to patients, fellow employees and referral
sources through the coordination and administration of the front
office activities. The ideal candidate will have a background in an
administrative role with strong computer proficiency, and customer
service. Typical responsibilities include scheduling appointments,
validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims,
processing payments, performing account collections, conducting
billing research and responding to telephone inquiries.
* Responsible for patient appointment scheduling
* Insurance verification
* Creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient
* Scanning and filing patient documents and ensuring complete and
* Managing incoming phone calls
* Obtaining insurance authorization
* Providing financial counseling for patients and posting over the
counter (OTC) payments
* Daily document research on an electronic health/medical record
* High school education or equivalent.
* A valid driver's license and driving record within the standards
outlined within Hanger's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and
* Minimum good fit for the job, as determined by the Talent
Bullseye assessment. Hanger will administer the Talent Bullseye as
part of the selection process.
* Experience in a medical office.
* Experience with EMR systems (NextGen).
* Working knowledge of state, federal, regional collection and
reimbursement laws, HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations
and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans
including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
* Ability to key 40 words per minute with accuracy preferred.
Additional Success Factors
* Exceptional patient service skills.
* Active Listening skills.
* High integrity.
* Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
* Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
* Proficient computer skills including Windows based office
programs (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail, etc.)
* Ability to use office equipment such as: fax machine, calculator,
postage machine, copiers, etc.
* Concise written communication and presentation skills.
* Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
* Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
* Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone
* Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
* Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the
* Competitive Pay
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 8 Paid Holidays per Year
* Paid Vacation Time Off
* Paid Sick Time Off
* 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Floating Holiday
* Life Insurance
* Medical Flex Spend Account
* Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
* Free employee assistance program
* Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Encinitas , Medical Front Desk, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!