Clinical Pharmacist II - Oncology Infusion Clinic - $12k New Hire Incentive
Company: Scripps Health
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five
hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million
patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.At Scripps
Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has
been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to
Work.You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So
if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.Come
join our Scripps Health Infusion Center and see what it's like to
be a part of one of the Top 100 Places to Work in the country! -We
are looking for high performing and enthusiastic candidates who
want to be a part of this special experience and who take pride in
being a part of building something from the ground up!Scripps MD
Anderson Cancer Center is a comprehensive and clinically integrated
cancer care program. With our partnership with MD Anderson, this
Clinical Pharmacist II will be able to work with an expanded,
prestigious oncology healthcare team. With access to a
knowledgeable network, the Clinical Pharmacist II will have access
to a number of clinical resources to progress and grow as a
clinician. -This position is ideal for a pharmacist experienced in
oncology, looking to grow and work with the best in healthcare.The
general duties of the Clinical Pharmacist II will include:
- Provides pharmaceutical care according to standards established
by Scripps Health Pharmacy, to assigned group of patients.
- Reviews and evaluates individual drug orders for
appropriateness, safety, and cost.
- Documents the care provided to patients.
- Supervises the drug distribution operation: responsible for
assuring safe and effective alternatives as appropriate.
- Routinely communicates with physicians, nurses and patients
regarding drug therapy.
- Contributes to the accomplishment of initiatives to improve the
cost-effectiveness of drug therapy.
- Demonstrates ability to provide age-specific patient care as
established for area and job title.
- Works variable shifts, including evenings and weekends as
staffing needs require.
- Primarily decentralized based practice; demonstrates ability to
perform competencies and perform activities as outlined in the
Pharmacist Authorities policy where applicable.
- Participates in direct patient care with patient care teams
- Performs all non-oncology clinical pharmacy activities and
supports the oncology clinical activities of the Clinical Oncology
Specialists and Advanced Practice Pharmacist(s) where applicable.
- Precepts students, interns, and residents.This is a Full-Time
(80 hours every two week period) benefited position with varied
10-hour day shifts (anytime between 6:30am-5:45pm) Monday through
Friday in Scripps Clinic Encinitas. -Potential to travel among
infusion sites at Scripps as needed. -Includes $9,000 retention
incentive and $3,000 relocation assistance to eligible new hires.
-The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years agoIn order to
remain eligible for your retention incentive the following
-criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if
specified in offer -letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case
basis and -may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus
unless specifically noted -in your offer letter.Required
- California Pharmacist License
- BS Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree.
- PGY1 residency or 3 years' experience in relevant area of
clinical pharmacy practice.
- AHA BLS for the health care provider.
- ACLS certifications required prior to being trained to respond
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) or other nationally
recognized certification required within 2 years of hire.Preferred
- Experience in a health system pharmacy enterprise.
- Teaching certificate and/or experience precepting students
and/or residents.Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender
identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
Keywords: Scripps Health, Encinitas , Clinical Pharmacist II - Oncology Infusion Clinic - $12k New Hire Incentive, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!