Registered Nurse - RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
Company: Scripps Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and
respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's
Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in
the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open
to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has served the growing
communities of San Diego's coastal North County since 1978. We
offer a full range of clinical and surgical services, including
North County's first Primary Stroke Center, a regionally recognized
brain injury program, state-of-the-art imaging center, 24-hour
emergency room care and award-winning OB-GYN, maternal health and
infant health services.
Join our winning team in the Cardiac Catheterization Department.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing
environment. In this position you will:
* Monitor patient prior to and after the procedures
* Administer medications
* assist physicians during Cath procedures (both scheduled and
emergency) angioplasties, pacemaker implantation and other cardiac
* Share leadership responsibilities for the nursing unit including
managing daily staffing plans
* Ensures appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology
(Teletracking) and adherence to care processes for bed
placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and
* Administer medications and update patient charts
* Watch for signs of infection and side effects from procedure
* Function as the Care Unit expert and provide direction to members
of the team.
This is a part time position with12 Hour day shifts located at
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. Call required.
This is a New Hire Retention bonus eligible position.
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
* Internal candidates
* Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the
following criteria must be met
* Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified
in offer letter)
* Must remain in original department/specialty
* Must remain in original Job Title
* Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case
basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless
specifically noted in your offer letter.
* 2 years recent experience as an RN in the Cath Lab, ICU and/or
* Current CA RN License
* BLS and ACLS for the Healthcare Provider from the American Heart
* Ability to speak, read, and follow instructions in English
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills
* Leadership experience
* Ability to demonstrate positive behaviors
* Two (2) years Cath Lab experience
Keywords: Scripps Health, Encinitas , Registered Nurse - RN - Cardiac Cath Lab, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!