RN/Resource Nurse-Per Diem
Company: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities
Posted on: April 6, 2021
WE--ARE--ABOUT PASSION.PEOPLE.PURPOSE. WE--ARE--SEACREST VILLAGE
RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES Dear Applicant: WE are about
Passion.People.Purpose. WE are Seacrest Village Retirement
Communities, a not-for-profit 501c senior housing organization. No
matter what your job/position is at Seacrest Village, you share
with all the people here, one principle function - to ensure our
residents receive the best care and service ---The one thing you
will always be held accountable for is the exercise of your best
judgment. If you enjoy working with and/or around seniors, and
associates who work as a team in every sense of the word, then you
deserve to work for an employer like Seacrest Village Retirement
Communities. Best of luck in your search! BASIC PURPOSE OF
POSITION: Coordinates specific tasks, carried out at the nurses
station desk or in resident care areas and provides time for the
licensed medication and treatment nurses to focus on resident
observations and care. Assist and assume the responsibility with
the Admissions of GHC residents during shift and assure the process
is thorough and professional. Ability to assess and implement
interventions for resident care based on standards of nursing
practice and principles of nursing care within Seacrest Village
policy and procedures, OBRA, Title XXII and State and Federal
regulatory agencies. Perform tasks related to case findings and
providing supportive and restorative care. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
THAT MUST BE SAFELY PERFORMED WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE
ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT POSING A DIRECT THREAT TO OTHER EMPLOYEES,
RESIDENTS AND STAFF: WORK PERFORMANCE - job knowledge, quality,
productivity, planning, creativity, initiative ADMISSIONS AND
- Coordinate and ensure Admits and Discharges are accurate using
excellent customer service skills and nursing knowledge of
- Follow-up on any paperwork generated by previous
- Completes additional paperwork as assigned by D.O.N. RESOURCE
- Point of contact at nursing desk for physician phone
call/visits, resident/family and outside community guest, questions
- Ensure provision of quality nursing care & documentation in
accordance with Federal, State and Company requirements based
acuity or residents.
- Make daily rounds to see residents to ascertain condition and
- Follow safety policies in performing nursing care.
- Perform resident assessments as condition warrants, Implement
appropriate interventions and initiate, develop, and evaluate plans
of care to include, but not limited to recognition of spiritual,
emotional, psychosocial and functional needs.
- Implement restorative nursing care in the area of self-care
deficits relating to activities of daily living.
- Encourage and assist residents in self-care and group
- Monitor nursing personnel compliance to nursing policies and
procedures and support overall goals of Seacrest Village and
- Initiate procedures to protect resident from injury and
- Safeguard the resident's privacy and property.
- Assist with resident's diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
and treatments and execute physicians orders.
- Implement nursing interventions as indicated by the Resident's
Plan of care or as ordered by the physician.
- Monitor CNA's for competency in clinical skills.
- Initiate emergency measures according to facility's policy and
within standards of nursing practice.
- Communicate with physician as indicated by resident needs or
status and assuring follow through.
- Maintain all documentation as required by Federal and State
- Ensure the exchange of essential information necessary for the
provision of quality resident care.
- Maintain acceptable standards of nursing practice.
- Assist in the evaluation and development of nursing
- Make recommendations for more effective usage of labor
- Assist in orienting and educating of nursing personnel.
- Attend required in-services and facility/departmental
- Other responsibilities as delegated by supervisor.
- Responds and provides recommendations to C NA's/LVN's whenever
necessary regarding job responsibilities, runs and assignment
- Promote staff performance through education, praise and
recognize effective performance.
- Assist the D.O.N. in recommendations regarding disciplinary
counseling (verbal and written) to nursing personnel, as
- Assist the D.O.N. in evaluating nursing personnel job
- Provides information for care plan meetings to identify
resident positive resident outcome.
- Ensure continuity of care of residents on shifts on assigned
unit by reviewing reports and changes of conditions/ completion
- Present professional image to consumers through dress, behavior
- Adhere to company standards for resolving resident/family
- Ensure that all consumer/resident rights are protected.
- Participate and assess work related injuries in accordance with
IPP (injury prevention program) and SV policy and procedures.
- Pass medications and treatment using the 5 rights.
- Monitor for drug interactions and react appropriately.
- Monitor that nursing staff promptly answer call lights;
Resource Nurse responds and answers call lights when staff are busy
with other residents. FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE -
attendance, dependability, achievement, interpersonal skills
- Make time to have fun at work, laugh, breathe and smell the
- Regular, punctual attendance. Flexibility in schedule as it may
include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.; DON, RN, and
- Attend department staff and "All" employee staff meetings.
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Be a team player and able to get along well with co-workers and
other departments. MISSION, VISION, POLICY AND REGULATIONS - SV
Philosophy, judgment, adherence to policy, and regulatory
- Familiarize self with Seacrest Village mission/vision, rules,
policies and procedures and same with the Jewish Tradition as
observed by our residents, family and guests.
- Observes safety regulations; to include but not limited to
wearing appropriate safety equipment, reporting work related
injuries, using proper body mechanics, responding timely to
fire/disaster drills/alarms and wearing security access name
- Follow timekeeping policy utilizing timeclock to record all
hours worked to include mandatory meal period of thirty minutes by
the fifth hour of and OT is authorized by supervisor.
- Wear appropriate clothing and name badge per facility and
- As a matter of SV policy and federal and state law; attends
applies "minimum necessary", "needs to know" guidelines on all PHI
information and reports non-compliance violations to Privacy
- As a mandated reporter per DOJ requirements; attends Mandated
Reporter Abuse training meetings, will report all abuse incidents;
physical, emotional, financial, sexual, verbal, completing the 1)
SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, calling the ombudsmen and/or
department of health services; for Assisted Living and Independent
Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective services), and 3)
informing supervisor so resident can be protected.
- Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of
conduct, of performing work with an ethical behavior and utilizing
proper business conduct and professional practice, that complies
with applicable laws, rules and regulations; as serving the
residents, preserving the organizational reputation, maintaining
resident/employee trust, community respect. Reports non-compliance
or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer NON-ESSENTIAL JOB
- Feeding residents
- Assisting with activities OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS DONE WELL:
Residents have all their needs met, documentation is accurate and
the annual survey is successful. CUSTOMER/CLIENTS SERVED BY
POSITION: Residents, resident family and guests, Department
managers, supervisors, support staff, and state and federal
regulators. Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school
diploma. Coursework in nursing. Current CA RN license. EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS: Two (2) years experience as RN in lead/charge
position in skilled nursing. SPECIAL SKILLS, LICENSES,
CERTIFICATION AND /OR SPECIALTRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Current RN
license. Ability to work with geriatric population, medical
professionals, families and staff, Ability to speak English clearly
and write legibly. Ability to understand and carry out directions
or instructions, both written and verbal. RN renewal must be the
responsibility of the employee to keep current. CPR required.
Medical terminology and knowledge of proper transfer techniques
necessary. Able to pass pre-employment physical/TB test as required
by our licensure. Must be able to push and lift without
restrictions. Good mental and physical maturity. No previous
conviction of abuse or neglect. Computer literate, able to operate
office equipment, working knowledge of word processing and ability
to work well with others EQUIPMENT REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Computer, Copier, Xerox, Fax, printer, back
and gait belt, Hoyer lift, needles, med cart, keys and telephone.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequently is required to walk, stand, use
hands to finger, handle feel objects, tools or controls; reaches
with hands and arms. Must be able to talk and hear well Good vision
is imperative; close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. Occasionally employee is required to sit,
stoop kneel, crouch or craw. Employees will be required to lift and
or move residents weighing more than 125 lbs. with appropriate
assistance and equipment. Able to bend, stand, walk and lift in all
nursing units. SUPERVISE TITLE 22 HEALTH FACILITIES AND REFERRAL
AGENCIES 72319 polices for CNA's - 1)Maintain proper body alignment
and joint movement to prevent contractures and deformities,2)Use
pressure reducing devices when indicated, 3)Provide care to
maintain clean, dry skin from feces and urine, 4)Change lines and
other items in contact with the patient as necessary, to maintain a
clean, dry skin free from feces and urine, 5)each patient requiring
help with eating shall be provided with assistance when served, and
shall be provided with training or adaptive equipment in accordance
with identified needs, based upon patient assessment, to encourage
independent eating, 6)each patient shall be provided with good
nutrition and with necessary fluids for hydration, 7)Patient call
signal shall be answered promptly, 8)Each patient shall be treated
as an individual with dignity and respect and shall net be
subjected to verbal or physical abuse of any kind, 9)Each patient
shall be provided care, which shows evidence of good personal
hygiene, including care of the skin, shampooing and grooming of
hair, oral hygiene, shaving or beard trimming, cleaning and cutting
of fingernails and toenails, 10)The patient shall be free from
offensive odors, 11)Each patient shall be encouraged and/or
assisted to achieve and maintain the highest level of self-care and
independence. Every effort shall be made to keep the patients
active, and out of bed for reasonable amount of time, except when
contradicted by a physicians order, 12)Each patient shall be given
care to prevent formation and progression of decubiti, contractures
and deformities. Such care shall include: changing positions of
bed-fast and chair-fast patients with preventive skin care in
accordance with the patients' needs 13)Encouraging, assisting and
training in self-care and activities of daily living
Keywords: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, Encinitas , RN/Resource Nurse-Per Diem, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!