CNA/Caregiver-Assisted Living-Per Diem
Company: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationCorporate -Encinitas -
Encinitas, CAPosition TypePer DiemJob ShiftAM/PM
ShiftCNA/Caregiver-AL-PDWE ARE ABOUT PASSION.PEOPLE.PURPOSE. WE ARE
SEACREST VILLAGE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIESDear Applicant: Seacrest
Village is a 501c3, not-for-profit senior housing organization. Our
mission of caring for our seniors is honored when you open your
heart and join. No matter what your job/position is at Seacrest
Village, you share with all the people here, one principle function
- to ensure our residents receive the best care and service ---The
one thing you will always be held accountable for is the exercise
of your best judgment. If you enjoy working with and/or around
seniors, and associates who work as a team in every sense of the
word, then you deserve to work for an employer like Seacrest
Village Retirement Communities. Best of luck in your search! EOEI.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:Provides direct personal care to
Residents. Promotes resident well-being and satisfaction through
support with activities of daily living. Communicates with other
departments to ensure resident needs are met.II. CUSTOMER/CLIENTS
SERVED BY POSITION:Leichtag Family residents, family members,
guests, visitors, team members.III. OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS WELL
DONE:Well being of residents exceeds resident and family
expectations. Resident's care meets state requirements and meets or
exceeds The Seacrest Village standards of quality care, quality
business practices, and quality people relationships.IV. EDUCATION
REQUIREMENTS:High school diploma and or equivalent and prefer a
graduate from an accredited school for certified nursing assistants
or a Caregiver with a minimum of one (1) year experience in
Assisted Living care.V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:C NA with Six (6)
months preferred or Caregiver with a minimum of one (1) year with
Geriatric Care experience preferred, in Wellness Center, Assisted
Living, Skilled Nursing, Home Health/Home Care.VI. SKILLS, LICENSE,
CERTIFICATION, AND/OR SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: First Aid
Course/certificate ability to work with geriatric population,
medical professionals, families and staff, English language a must.
Able to communicate well with and relate well to senior population.
General knowledge of oxygen tanks and equipment. Ability to read
and interpret written procedures and directions. Medical
terminology helpful and knowledge of proper transfer techniques
necessary. Ability to carry food trays. Able to pass pre-employment
physical/TB test and obtain fingerprint clearance as required by
our licensure. Food Handler's card. Completes initial 40 hour
training as outlined in Title 22 to include 6 hours of dementia
care and 4 hours specific to postural supports, restricted health
conditions, and hospice care, initial Med Tech training as outlined
in Title 22 to include 8 hours online training and 16 hours hands
on training, followed by annual 20 hours training as outline in
Title 22 to include 8 hours of dementia care and 4 hours specific
to postural supports, restricted health conditions and hospice care
and annual med tech training as outlined in Title 22 with 8 hours
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES THAT MUST BE SAFELY PERFORMED WITH OR
WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT POSING A DIRECT THREAT TO
OTHER EMPLOYEES, RESIDENTS, OR SELF:WORK PERFORMANCE - job
knowledge, quality, productivity, planning, creativity,
- Provides assistance as required for ADL's. Records care given
- Will follow policy/procedure for administration of
- Ability to assess and to respond to resident and staff medical
emergencies following protocol & basic first aid training.
- Assists with meal service and monitors resident food intake.
Report changes to Assisted Living Director and/or med room staff
and documents same.
- Assists residents as needed in the dining room, ie., pouring
coffee, water, carrying trays to apartments.
- Ability to transfer residents with appropriate assistance.
(i.e., from bed to wheelchair or from wheelchair to toilet).
- Encourage and monitor resident participation in social
activities. May lead an activity when requested.
- Report changes in resident behavior, mental and physical
condition to AL Director and/or med room staff and documents the
- Follow safety guidelines in the facility, including proper
lifting techniques & universal precautions when providing care to
- Assures that residents' personal clothing is laundered twice
weekly & as necessary to include simple sewing
- Assist the Director of AL/LVN by providing information for
Resident Service Plan.
- Ability to organize care and services to the assigned group of
residents achieving the time lines for attendance at meal times and
activities as desired to attend by the resident.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for resident's privacy.
Complies with Residents rights.
- Assist with the training and orientation of new staff as it
pertains to the role of the caregiver.
- Assist Life Enrichment Staff in reminding and escorting
residents to and from scheduled events.
- Make or open resident beds. Cleaning up initially following
resident accidents, such as diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Notify
appropriate department for follow-up cleaning of a rug, toilet,
etc. (housekeeping or maintenance)
- Gives daily report to oncoming shift personnel.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and infection control
- May assist with organization and distribution of resident
- Documents care of resident in current EMR
system/program.FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE - attendance,
dependability, achievement, interpersonal skills
- Make time to have fun at work, laugh, breathe and smell
- Regular, punctual attendance. Flexibility in schedule as it may
include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend A.L. Report, department staff and "All" employee staff
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Be a team player and able to get along well with co-workers and
other departments.MISSION, VISION, POLICY AND REGULATIONS - SV
Philosophy, adherence to policy, judgment
- Familiarize self with Seacrest Village mission/vision, rules,
policies and procedures and same with the Jewish Tradition as
observed by our residents, family and guests.
- Observes safety regulations; to include but not limited to
wearing appropriate safety equipment, reporting work related
injuries, using proper body mechanics and responding to
fire/disaster alarms and wearing security badge.
- Payroll/HR - uses current system to follow timekeeping policy
utilizing time clock to record all hours worked to include
mandatory meal period of thirty minutes by the 5th hour of work &
OT is authorized by supervisor.
- Wear appropriate clothing per facility and assisted living
uniform policy to include name badge.
- As a matter of SV policy and federal and state law; attends
applies "minimum necessary", "needs to know" guidelines on all PHI
information and reports non-compliance violations to Privacy
- As a mandated reporter per DOJ requirements; attends Mandated
Reporter Abuse training meetings, will report all abuse incidents;
physical, emotional, financial, sexual, verbal, completing the 1)
SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, 2) calling the ombudsmen and/or
department of health services; for Assisted Living and Independent
Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective services), and 3)
informing supervisor so resident can be protected
- Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of
conduct, of performing work with an ethical behavior and utilizing
proper business conduct and professional practice, that complies
with applicable laws, rules and regulations; as serving the
residents, preserving the organizational Reputation, maintaining
resident/employee trust, community respect. Reports non-compliance
or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer.VIII. EQUIPMENT
REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:1. Digital
thermometer, 2. Wheelchair, 3. Weighing Scale, 4. Radio, Pager and
emergency alarm system.IX. NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Able to
assist in Life Enrichment event as directed by supervisor.X.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of the job, the
employee is regularly required to stand and walk on their feet for
several hours at a time. Hands, fingers, arms are frequently used
for holding, stretching, and reaching. The employee will be
expected to be able to climb a flight of stairs, transport and
accompany residents in elevator, balance, kneel, stoop, bend and
crouch. The employee must be able to lift or move, unassisted, up
to 25 lbs. Good vision and hearing are required due to the safety
of our residents. Good verbal communication. The employee must
occasionally assist a resident weighing more than 100 pounds with
appropriate assistance and equipment.
Keywords: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, Encinitas , CNA/Caregiver-Assisted Living-Per Diem, Healthcare , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!