Director of Spiritual Life
Company: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Job Location: Corporate -Encinitas - Encinitas, CA
Position Type: FT/Exempt
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: AM Shift
Director of Spiritual Life-FT/ExemptDear Applicant: WE are about Passion.People.Purpose. WE are Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, a not-for-profit 501c senior housing organization. No matter what your job/position is at Seacrest Village, you share with all the people here, one principle function - to ensure our residents receive the best care and service ---The one thing you will always be held accountable for is the exercise of your best judgment. If you enjoy working with and/or around seniors, and associates who work as a team in every sense of the word, then you deserve to work for an employer like Seacrest Village Retirement Communities. Best of luck in your search!
I. BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Serves as Rabbi for residents of Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, implements, develops and directs Jewish cultural and religious programs. Provides spiritual support to our residents and serves as a Jewish resource for the Seacrest staff.
II. CUSTOMER/CLIENTS SERVED BY POSITION:
Seacrest Village residents, family members, visitors, staff and volunteers.
III. OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS WELL DONE:
The Jewish environment of Seacrest Village is enhanced. Religious services and Jewish
programs are developed, and coordinated with members of the team responsible for the overall
resident activity programs. Residents and families are aware of such programs. Serves as a
positive representative of Seacrest Village to the larger Jewish community.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors degree, Rabbi with recognized ordination, qualifies for membership in the San Diego Rabbinical Association (SDRA).
V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Five (5) years experience preferred in pastoral work, preferably with seniors. Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) highly desirable. Experience in developing and leading religious services and programs.
VI. SKILLS, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability, desire and compassion to work with the elderly. Must be able to work successfully with a team, including medical and healthcare professionals, families and staff. Must have the necessary skills to lead religious services. Must be able to communicate in Hebrew, chant Torah, and know proper nusach or melodies for appropriate occasion. Proficiency in the English language a must. Exhibits and possesses good verbal and written skills. Must be a good listener and able to communicate effectively. Able to pass pre-employment physical/TB test and obtain fingerprint clearance as required by our licensure. Good mental and physical maturity. Pleasant yet strong character that exhibits an empathetic approach to our elderly and family members. Extensive background knowledge is required on the Holocaust, State of Israel, Jewish history and holidays, customs, ceremonies, Yiddish culture and what is current in the Jewish world today. Knowledge of conversational Yiddish a plus.
WORK PERFORMANCE - job knowledge, quality, productivity, planning, creativity, initiative
2. Able to lead and also coordinate Jewish services for Shabbat and all holidays
3. Able to chant Torah.
4. Knowledge of proper nusach or melodies for appropriate occasion.
5. Report change of any resident's behavior, physical or emotional condition to appropriate person in charge of
that specific division or department.
6. Exercise independent judgment where procedures can't be standardized.
8. Maintains positive attitude and works cooperatively with all departments.
9. Builds a community feeling among residents while observing the Jewish faith.
10. Encourage, participate and assist in resident participation in social activities.
11. Enlivens and enriches the lives of residents through religious and cultural programs.
14. Officiates at memorial services held at Seacrest.
15. Provides programs for residents and coordinates with the Activity Department personnel to enhance all
20. Works as a team player.
21. Able to communicate effectively with and relate well to the elderly.
22. Ability to read and interpret written procedures and directions.
23. Maintains a pleasant courteous attitude with residents, family members and staff.
24. Preserves the dignity and self respect of all residents at all times.
25. Attends in-service training programs as required
26. Contacts family members of those who have passed to express condolence, offer support and
discuss/arrange/coordinate memorial service.
27. Visits residents in the hospital and develop a volunteer program to visit the sick.
FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE - attendance, reliability, interpersonal, adaptability, judgment, mission, adherence to policy & regulatory requirements.
8. Interpersonal - Create and maintain a positive work environment based on individual respect, responsibility, personal and professional growth.
9. As a matter of SV policy and federal and state law; attends HIPAA training, follows HIPAA
PHI information and reports non-compliance violations to Privacy Officer.
the 1) SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, 2) calling the ombudsmen and/or department of health
services; for Assisted Living and Independent Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective
11. Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of conduct by performing
work with an ethical behavior and utilizing proper business conduct and professional
practice that complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations; by serving the
residents, preserving the organizational reputation, maintaining resident/employee trust and
community respect. Report non-compliance or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer.
Plan. Promote a safe environment within the facility which includes fire and accident prevention,
maintenance of sanitary conditions and assurance that all assigned staff understand their role in the
event of a disaster or other disruption of services. Observes safety regulations, ensures staff wear and
use appropriate equipment, first aid kits are supplied and replenished, reports employee incidents
immediately to HR and completes paperwork; investigates and provides work injury prevention
solutions for future training.
14. Payroll - completes timesheet appropriately and accurately in current pay period
adhering to the exempt employee time recording procedures.
VIII. EQUIPMENT REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Copier, 2. Computer and printer, 3. Fax
IX. NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides marketing tour or information.
X. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Frequently is required to walk, stand, and bend. Must be able to talk and hear well. Good vision is imperative; close, distance, peripheral; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to lift and or move items weighing more than 25 lbs with appropriate assistance and equipment. Able to bend, stand, walk and lift in all units. Occasional assistance in helping residents from seated to standing position.
Keywords: Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, Encinitas , Director of Spiritual Life, Executive , Encinitas, California
here to apply!