Grocery - Manager
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Grocery Manager
Reports To: Store Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a management position. The Grocery Manager will have the
necessary confidence, commitment, and motivation to move their
staff and themselves towards success. Key personality traits &
skills needed to accomplish this are: patience, even tempered,
humble, observant, perceptive, supportive, decisive, flexible,
analytical, consistent; and an encourager and teacher. Must be self
motivated; have strong leadership skills; good listening skills,
extraordinary customer service skills; applied empathy; and possess
a strong sense of urgency in all duties performed. Due to Bristol
Farms' goals and structure, the Grocery Manager should be open to
growth and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to performing all required duties of a Grocery clerk,
the Grocery Manager will take full responsibility for the operation
of the Grocery Department. Responsibility is defined as, but not
limited to, operations, planning, directing, managing, and
achieving targeted profits. In addition, the Grocery Manager is
directly responsible for staff development. The Grocery Manager
must cultivate a solid working relationship between himself/herself
and his/her staff. Developing and instilling a positive morale is
the key to success of the Grocery Department. The Grocery Manager
must also cultivate a working relationship with other department
managers to cross-merchandise effectively. He or she also performs
the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Leads by example; models correct behavior and adherence to
company policies and procedures.
- Prepares daily schedule and directs activities of grocery
- Assures in-service training for all employees and documents all
- Trains all opening and closing procedures for department.
- Maintains high profit margin in accordance to the approved
pre-set budget, which entails, but is not limited to: sales goals,
cost of goods, expenses, price changes and waste management
- Assures high quality and proper quantity through accurate
ordering and receiving.
- Assures all items in the dairy box are well within their
- Rotates stock to assure high quality, fresh merchandise at all
- Fills customer orders by obtaining items from shelves,
freezers, coolers, bins, tables, or containers.
- Required to operate a cash register following established
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of customer
transactions, including the acceptance of payment in accordance
with Bristol Farms' cash register procedures.
- Responsible for accurate balancing of cash register.
- Packages and handles customers' groceries according to their
preference - paper, plastic, or both.
- Offers and assists Customers with carry out service.
- Collects shopping carts from inside the store and from the
outer perimeter of the store, parking lot and any other areas where
needed. Keeps Floral Department free of hand baskets and shopping
- Manages and assures proper displays in store entrance & end
caps in accordance with Bristol Farms' merchandising
- Sets up displays and stocks shelves, coolers, counter bins,
tables, freezers, containers, or trays with merchandise.
- Maintains & cleans shelves, bins, tables, and coolers.
- Accurately prices all merchandise by stamping, marking, or
placing shelf tags/signs.
- Assures daily price changes are done accurately & completed
before store opens; maintaining price integrity at all times.
- Monitors pull dates on all Grocery merchandise.
- Examines products bought for resale or received for
- Responsible for all staff members practicing the same
techniques and standards.
- Handles all customer complaints in such a manner to assure
repeat business no mater the complaint.
- Serves customers with a smile and willing attitude. Assures
high sales through establishing relationships with customers to
ensure repeat business.
- Documents all meetings & Safety memos and obtains employee's
signatures as required.
- Assures all staff members receive required monthly Safety News
and other communications.
- Follows safety work standards and reports any safety hazards to
- Conducts accident investigations and fills out paperwork within
accordance to Cal Osha SB 198.
- Maintains a clean & safe work area at all times. Keeps aisles
free of cardboard and overstock merchandise.
- Arranges for all equipment to be fixed and cleaned (with
approval of Store Director.)
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
food, service, quality, and cleanliness.
- Follows the employee handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
Manages employees in the department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable
laws. Other responsibilities include training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Service Skills
The Grocery Manager is expected to provide customer service that is
extraordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They
are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. The Grocery
Manager is expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat
others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required. At least one year experience
in the Grocery Department required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
memos, special orders, operating and maintenance instructions,
procedure manuals and schedules. Ability to write routine reports
and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers, or employees of Bristol Farms.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers
and fractions. Ability to calculate percents & profit margins.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The
employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or
move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant
restaurant manager, floor manager, food service supervisor,
frontend, gerente de cocina, management, operations manager,
restaurant general manager, shift manager
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Grocery - Manager, Executive , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!