Wine - Manager
Company: Lazy Acres
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Wine Manager
Department: Wine and Spirits
Reports To: Store Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This is a management position. The Wine Manager will have the
necessary confidence, commitment, and motivation to move his/her
staff and his/herself towards success. Key personality and
character traits needed to accomplish this are: patience, good
listening skills, observant, perceptive, supportive, decisive,
flexible, analytical, consistent, progressive, and coach. Since
this is a customer-service oriented and teacher position, the Wine
Manager must also be smooth tempered and possess excellent people
skills. Due to Bristol Farms' goals and structure, the Wine Manager
should also be open to growth and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Wine Manager plans and organizes requisitions; serves wines for
public tasting and information/educational purposes and serves wine
in the restaurant or dining room. He/she is also responsible to
perform the following duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Keep inventory and order wine/liquor/spirits to replenish
stock. Concentrates efforts on staying in-stock with minimal back
- Maintain department to Bristol Farms standards in cleanliness
- Discuss wines with customers and assist with wine selection.
Exercise proficiency in promoting education and proper wine
- Maintain and build customer relations and encourage return
- Practice, promote, and instill appropriate customer service as
well as work ethic.
- Routinely replenish inventory on authorized racks, stacks, or
- Under the direction of the Store Director, resolve customer
complaints in such a manner as to ensure customer
- Responsible for the training and overall supervision and
direction of employees in the Wine Department on an on-going
- Under the direction of the Director of Wine and Spirits,
merchandise product on the sales floor.
- Responsible for accurately processing warehoused and direct
- Maintain price integrity.
- Maintain the appropriate profit margin in accordance to the
approved pre-set budget, which entails, but is not limited to:
sales goals, cost of goods, expenses, price changes and waste
- Responsible for daily and weekly logging of invoices and for
following the established invoice routing procedure.
- Manages and assures proper displaying and selling of all Liquor
products to customers and advises customers on quality of wine,
method of handling, and other factors affecting the product.
- Engages and coaches others in suggestive selling
- Responsible for monthly inventory.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all marketing
programs, including but not limited to weekly ads, price changes,
- Responsible for communication with the Store Director and
Director of Wine and Spirits on pertinent issues, department
conditions, and any other Wine and Spirit related issues.
- Responsible for communication with all Wine Department
- Responsible for using the tools provided by management to
ensure the success of the department.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies.
- Responsible for entire Wine Department in serving customers
with excellent service and adhering to the "15 Second Service"
- Conducts accident investigations and completes paperwork within
accordance to Cal Osha SB-198.
- Leads by example; models correct behavior and adherence to
company policies and procedures.
- Follows the owner/partner handbook at all times, especially on
service standards and appearance.
- At all times, meets and exceeds Bristol Farms standards in
service, quality, and cleanliness.
The Wine manages 1-4 employees in the Wine Department. Is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with Bristol Farms policies and all applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assisting the Director of Wine and Spirits
and Store Director with interviewing; hiring training employee's;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and in disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
Customer Service Skills
The Meat Manager is expected to provide customer service that is
extraordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They
are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. The Meat
Manager is expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to treat
others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two
years related experience and /or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English. Ability to
communicate clearly and give clear direction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision. The
Wine Manager must be able to use a 2-wheeled dolly (hand truck) to
carry over 100 pounds at a time. He/she must also safely use a box
cutter with razor blades.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: backend, day manager, floor manager, food
service supervisor, general operations manager, grocery store
manager, produce manager, restaurant leader, shift leader, store
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Encinitas , Wine - Manager, Executive , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!