Medical Director, Dermatology
Company: Ventyx Biosciences
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Ventyx Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage, public
biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing new therapies for
millions of people living with inflammatory diseases and autoimmune
disorders. We are developing novel and differentiated therapeutics
that target both the innate and adaptive immune system. Our
clinical-stage programs include an allosteric TYK2 inhibitor for
the treatment of a broad range of autoimmune diseases, an S1P1
receptor modulator for the treatment of ulcerative colitis, and a
peripheral inhibitor of the NLRP3 inflammasome, which is a mediator
of multiple inflammatory conditions. Join this team of life science
professionals to bring this portfolio of programs to fruition. The
Opportunity: Senior Medical Director/Executive Medical Director,
Dermatology The Medical Director will support Ventyx's Clinical and
Medical assets by successful execution of clinical development
programs and deliverables in partnership across the organization;
with external vendors; and with external academicians and
collaboration partners. The candidate will report to the CMO. As a
leader in the organization, the incumbent will be involved in
setting clinical program strategy and help assure that activities
are executed within expected scope, budget and timelines. The
incumbent will work closely with colleagues in clinical
development, program leadership, biometrics, clinical operations,
safety/pharmacovigilance, regulatory, molecular diagnostics, and
translational research. The incumbent will lead development
programs in dermatology/rheumatology including psoriasis and
psoriatic arthritis. Prior experience with dermatology clinical
development programs, particularly in psoriasis, psoriatic
arthritis and atopic dermatitis is highly desirable. What You Will
Contribute * Establishes and approves scientific methods for design
and implementation of applicable clinical protocols, data
collection systems, and final reports.
* Participates and leads clinical subteams in the design, execution
and reporting of Company-sponsored worldwide clinical trials
programs, including clinical trial strategy and plans, overall
study design, protocols, and the identification of suitable
investigators and consultants.
* Oversees medical monitoring for and responding to safety events.
Provides medical expertise ensuring the safety of the products and
patients, including SAE evaluation and reporting.
* Works in close collaboration with operations personnel; including
the selection and management of CRO activities.
* Potentially responsible for managing therapeutic area physicians
and clinical scientists.
* Evaluates efficacy data; summarize data for senior management or
* Interfaces with regulatory agencies for clinical development
programs and regulatory submissions.
* Oversees the interaction with medical consultants and some
clinical advisors, and investigators and serves to influence and
expedite the progression of the clinical studies
* Participates in the preparation of protocols, Investigator
Brochures, clinical study reports, safety reports, and the clinical
sections of Annual Reports, INDs/IMPDs, NDAs/MAAs, SOPs, abstracts
* Evaluates business development and market opportunities from a
* Provides clinical expertise to the drug discovery teams involved
in the clinical candidate selection process.
* Helps conceptualize, strategize, establish and coordinate
Ventyx's clinical trial activities in TA. What We Seek * M.D.
degree, board certified, preferably in dermatology or adjacent
* 3-5 years clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical or CRO
environment preferred, preferably in dermatology. Experience in
psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and atopic dermatitis preferred.
* Demonstrated agility to learn, and prioritize multiple
responsibilities independently, remove barriers and drive projects
* Strong oral & written scientific communications skills.
* Good presentation skills for diverse audiences (investigator
meetings, site personnel, KOL interactions and internal project
* Ability to strike a balance between independent work and team
interaction, be a team player in a cross-functional team.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills, with experience in
interacting with and influencing people, building strong positive
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other productivity tools with
an aptitude to learn new software and systems.
* Ability to travel as needed. What We Provide to You * The
opportunity to make a difference in people's lives impacted by
autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
* Participate in a team of life science professionals who value
science, data, high work ethic and a meritocracy; access to all
levels of the organization to get work done with a sense of
* Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package,
including stock options. Job candidates should be aware that full
vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of
employment subject to legally required exceptions. Ventyx is an
equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current
employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal,
state and local regulations, should one be needed. Notice to
Recruiters and Agencies: The Human Resources team manages the
recruitment and employment process for Ventyx Biosciences. To
protect the interest of all parties involved, Ventyx Biosciences
does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source
other than directly from candidates. We will not consider
unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and
without limitation, search firms, staffing or recruiting agencies
or fee-based referral services. The submission of referrals or
resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Ventyx
Biosciences' employees is strictly prohibited. Unsolicited
referrals and resumes sent to Ventyx are deemed gratuitous, and do
not obligate Ventyx to pay fees should we hire from those resumes.
Recruiters are requested NOT to contact or present candidates
directly to our hiring managers or employees. Please direct all
inquiries to careers@.
Keywords: Ventyx Biosciences, Encinitas , Medical Director, Dermatology, Executive , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!