Senior Manager, Material Project Manager
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 14, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Material Projects.
The selected candidate will lead the team that manages Procurement
and Supply Chain efforts in order to maintain schedule requirements
for all Internal Customers. Additionally, they will act as the
primary representative for Procurement to all customers such as
Program, Production Control, and Manufacturing relative to Buy
parts delivery status as well as ensure all programs are receiving
support and status from the Procurement and Supply Chain
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
This position is responsible for overseeing one or more project(s)
and serves as the liaison between project management, senior
management and customer representatives on matters of
- Oversees the status of the project(s) and budgets to ensure
project(s) are completed on time and within budget so business
objectives are attained.
- Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet
production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and
- Typically accomplishes tasks through subordinate staff,
management, and/or across teams. Oversees the development of
mechanisms to monitor project progress and for intervention and
problem solving with project management, line management, and the
- Responsible for decisions which have a serious impact on the
overall success of the organization.
- Oversee the development of project plan(s) and manage resources
to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones
from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Consult with management and project team(s) to derive and
establish project objectives from strategic business plans.
- Direct the coordination of departmental and/or cross-functional
teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or
upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Direct work of project management staff, providing technical
support and direction when necessary.
- Establish policies appropriate for the project(s) while
interpreting and recommending modifications to company-wide
policies and practices.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation. Present project updates to internal and external
audiences as needed.
- Consult with senior management and project team to expand
services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to
meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals, and
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to employees working
on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations
and objectives to team members and stakeholders in a timely
- Oversee policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- Manage and lead the request for proposal (RFP) process to
generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or
related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressively
complex experience in the project administration field with at
least nine of those years in project management. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project
management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling
methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize,
schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones
- Must be able to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and
develop solutions to a variety of non-routine issues of diverse
scope and nature.
- Strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation,
and interpersonal skills are required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Senior Manager, Material Project Manager, Executive , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!