Company: Lux Art Institute
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Company DescriptionLux's mission is to redefine the museum
experience to make art more accessible and personally meaningful.
Lux's vision is to act as San Diego County's primary source for
educating the public about the creative process, from conceptual
development through the act of making.Through its internationally
acclaimed Artist-in-Residence program, Lux has hosted over 60
artists from around the world, including two MacArthur Fellows, in
its award winning LEED-certified Artist Pavilion. In addition,
Lux's Education Pavilion delivers a creative contemporary arts
curriculum that includes a regional artist gallery and a robust
outreach program serving local schools, including students of
military families and Title I schools.Our Artist-in-Residence
program functions as a stepping stone to thematically unify all
educational programming housed on the Lux campus, starting at the
Education Pavilion, passing through the garden and sculpture trail
and ending at the Artist Pavilion. The unification of the space as
a single experience provides the public with the educational
backbone to touch on subjects being addressed today.Job
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to
establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification,
cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and
- Build the planned giving program.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives as
- Steward current endowments and expand endowment program.
- Coordinate fundraising special events, including annual
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Advisory Board and
Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share
information about Lux with the community.
- Meet prospective corporate donors on a continual basis, steward
- Staff Committee meetings.
- Oversee SalesForce fundraising database and tracking
- Supervise and collaborate with other staff, including
Membership Coordinator and Development Associate/Grants
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising
- Maintain gift recognition programs for individuals and
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.Qualifications
- Must embrace the mission of Lux Art Institute.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques,
particularly major gift fundraising.
- Have knowledge and experience in event planning, including
managing the budget.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board
members and volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits
and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and
community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and
good listening ability.
- A bachelor's degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Knowledge of CRM software. SalesForce preferred.Additional
InformationThe Director of Development is responsible for planning,
organizing, and directing all of Lux Art Institute's fundraising
including, the major gifts program, annual appeal, planned giving,
special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely
with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all
development and fundraising endeavors. The Director of Development
provides leadership to the Membership Coordinator and Development
Associate/Grants Writer.Hours:Full-time, 40 hours per week. Evening
and weekend hours are required as for special events as well as
occasional travel within the region.All your information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Lux Art Institute, Encinitas , Development Director, Executive , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!