Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an EMI/EMC Engineer for 1st or
2nd shift in our Electrical Engineering Department with the ASI
Division. Under general supervision and with regular review, this
position is responsible for the electromagnetic interference (EMI)
and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing of unmanned air
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- EMI/EMC testing of all electrical and electronic equipment from
the module level to the complete air vehicle level.
- Generate test plans and test procedures.
- Procure test and support equipment
- Perform individual test
- Generate test reports
- Working knowledge of commercial or military EMI/EMC test
procedures - FCC, CE, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD 461 or MIL-STD-464.
- Familiarity with other aspects of EMC including ESD, EMP,
TEMPEST and lightning induced transients.
- Familiarity with LABVIEW for automating EMI tests.
- Review all EMI test data
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering
or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors
degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the
application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work
both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , EMI/EMC Engineer, Engineering , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!