Public Relations Associate/Content Creator
Posted on: March 16, 2023
To support public relations activities of department in an
effort to meet goals of building awareness of SRF and the teachings
of Paramahansa Yogananda, to respond to media requests for
information about the society and its founder, and to identify
opportunities for partnering with interfaith efforts to build
greater visibility and credibility for SRF.Responsibilities
- Create PR campaigns for specific projects to promote SRF's
services, offerings, and products on a local, national and
- Work with team members to help manage specific Public Relations
projects for SRF under supervision of PR Director.
- Some local travel required.
- Utilize traditional (radio print and TV) and new (blogs, social
networking sites) media to advance SRF's mission and
- Develop content for traditional and web-based media, including,
but not limited to, articles, press releases, pitch letters, blog
posts, and informational backgrounders.
- Pitch story ideas to traditional and online media to place
content in their outlets or on their sites.
- Respond to external requests from the media, websites,
bloggers, academia, conference organizers, speakers' bureaus,
- Monitor the Internet for mentions of SRF/Paramahansa Yogananda
and other pertinent content.
- Monitor media (print, broadcast, and internet-based) for
trends, news, and events and identify opportunities for SRF to
increase awareness of Paramahansa Yogananda and the teachings.
- Research traditional and digital media/blogger outlets to
identify opportunities for media placement, and oversee staff to
monitor ongoing maintenance and expansion of media database.
- Contribute to performance/measurement reports for SRF Social
Media campaigns implemented throughout the year.
- Maintain strict confidence regarding sensitive, confidential
and/or proprietary information.
- Responsible to follow SRF's policies and established
- Other position-related tasks as assigned.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English Literature or
Marketing/Public Relations required.
- 5-7 years' experience as a public relations professional and
content developer, with strong traditional/online media relations
knowledge, and Social Media skills.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with all forms of media,
including print, broadcast and online/interactive media, in
particular social networking sites and blogs, and other
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms, SM management
programs, and analytics.
- Strong social media content development and design skills a
- Familiarity with Yoga, Eastern and Western religious
traditions, interfaith groups, and spirituality conferences and
- Ability to represent SRF at spirituality/interfaith/yoga
conferences and events.
- Thorough understanding and ability to identify newsworthy
angles and story ideas.
- Initiative, creativity, and excellent communications and
writing skills required.
- Excellent time management abilities in order to work within
deadlines and time constraints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to perform work within the scope of the job in
consideration of SRF's principles and standards.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of
confidentialityThis is a 40 hour per week Monday through Friday
position.Local candidates only. No reimbursement for relocation
cost offered for this position.We offer a competitive benefits
package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices
including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan
and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday
Keywords: Yogananda, Encinitas , Public Relations Associate/Content Creator, Advertising , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...