Accounts Payable Accountant
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and Laser technologies.We currently have an exciting
opportunity for an AP Accountant to join our team at our Torrey
Pines, CA location.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specific Accounts Payable accounting activities
through the input of accounting transactions and the monitoring,
coordinating, and summarizing of accounting results.
- Calculates and prepares monthly Accounts Payable accruals,
journal entries, account reconciliations and metrics.
- Supports month end close processes.
- Determines propriety of Accounts Payable accounting entries
associated with projects, accounts, and trial balances in
accordance with financial policies, practices, and procedures.
- Supports government and financial audits.
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data,
transactions and reports.
- Maintains an awareness of the financial activities within the
assigned areas of responsibility to ensure smooth operations and
compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and
procedures when responding to specific questions and non-routine
- Maintains the strict confidentiality to all information.
- Ensures accounting files and records are accurate.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP, and other applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required. ??We recognize
and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with
diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply. Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in
accounting or a related discipline and three or more years of
progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree, or
at least one year of experience with a master's degree. May
substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience working in Accounts Payable is strongly
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a government contract environment is
- Must have demonstrated ability to apply concepts and principles
of accounting to develop solutions to a variety or problems along
with computer literacy and knowledge of operations and applications
pertinent to the field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities that
enable effective interface with different company functions.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- US citizenship is required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Accounts Payable Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!