Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project/Accounts
Receivable Accountant in our Accounting Department located with our
Torrey Pines, CA team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under general supervision with regular review for accuracy,
reviews contracts and prepares customer invoices for Cost
Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M and Progress Payment contracts in
a government contracting (Aerospace/Defense and commercial)
* Records journal entries (revenue, billed and unbilled accounts
receivable) and supports other month end close processes.
* Ensures revenue recognition is in compliance with US GAAP and
applicable company policies.
* Completes project and account reconciliations.
* Prepares and supports government final and quick close-out
* Supports government and financial audits.
* Coordinates and participates in the research and analysis of
accounting and financial data.
* Compiles data and prepares a variety of highly complex reports.
May present findings to professional staff and/or management.
* Provides excellent customer service and works closely with the
Contracts and Finance departments.
* Assures Company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards,
Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and
disclosed Company practices.
* Recommends improvements and/or changes to processing methods and
* Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data,
transactions, and reports.
* Ensures accounting files and records are accurate and up to
* Performs special projects as assigned.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply
* Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting,
finance or related discipline along with six or more years of
progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree or
four or more years of experience with a master's degree. Equivalent
professional experience may be substituted in lieu of
* Billing experience with Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M and
Progress Payments in a government contracting environment.
* Records journal entries and supports other month end close
* Must demonstrate an understanding of generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), cost accounting standards (CAS), and
* SAP experience is strongly preferred.
* Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and
develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
* Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to
accurately document, report, and present findings
* Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work
assignments to meet deadlines.
* Must be customer service focused.
* Knowledge of MS Office and strong working knowledge of Excel.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to work extended hours as required.
* US citizenship is required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!