Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: November 12, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project/Accounts
Receivable Accountant in our Accounting Department located with our
Torrey Pines, CA team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision with regular review for accuracy,
reviews contracts and prepares customer invoices for Cost
Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M and Progress Payment contracts in
a government contracting (Aerospace/Defense and commercial)
- Records journal entries (revenue, billed and unbilled accounts
receivable) and supports other month end close processes.
- Ensures revenue recognition is in compliance with US GAAP and
applicable company policies.
- Completes project and account reconciliations.
- Prepares and supports government final and quick close-out
- Supports government and financial audits.
- Coordinates and participates in the research and analysis of
accounting and financial data.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of highly complex reports.
May present findings to professional staff and/or management.
- Provides excellent customer service and works closely with the
Contracts and Finance departments.
- Assures Company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards,
Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and
disclosed Company practices.
- Recommends improvements and/or changes to processing methods
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data,
transactions, and reports.
- Ensures accounting files and records are accurate and up to
- Performs special projects as assigned.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in
accounting, finance or related discipline along with six or more
years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's
degree or four or more years of experience with a master's degree.
Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Billing experience with Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M
and Progress Payments in a government contracting environment.
- Records journal entries and supports other month end close
- Must demonstrate an understanding of generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), cost accounting standards (CAS), and
- SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and
develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
to accurately document, report, and present findings
- Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work
assignments to meet deadlines.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Knowledge of MS Office and strong working knowledge of
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- US citizenship is required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Encinitas , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!