Controller - CPA
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Controller(CPA) - San Diego CA Kelly Services is seeking a
Controller -CPA for one of its top Clients in the San Diego Area.
The Controller placed with Kelly Services will over see Financial
accounting operations within the company. The Controller is
- The Controller manages the financial accounting records and is
primary responsible for quarterly and year end SEC 10-Q and 10-K
filings. The Controller is responsible for ensuring that these are
issued on time, in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles (GAAP) and that they fairly and accurately reflect the
Company's current financial position.
- For Company's foreign subsidiaries, the Controller oversees
their financial accounting operations and ensures their reporting
and control systems fall within the parameters set by the US parent
- Post potentially becoming a Public Company the financial
statements will be subject to yearly third-party audits, including
the release of the results of the audits to the public: the
Controller is responsible to coordinate this process and ensure
that the auditors have all the information they need to render an
accurate judgment of the Company's financial statements. The
Controller must stay apprised of all the local, state and federal
tax laws, US Generally Accepted Accounting Policies and Public
Company Standards and Practices and business regulations that
affect the Company and ensure that the Company operates within the
- The Controller ensures financial accounting, reporting and
other financial systems are maintained well and serve and meet
Public Company Standards.
- The Controller collaborates closely with the Financial Planning
and Analysis Function to ensure high quality management accounting,
including budget and forecasting processes and actual versus budget
- The Controller plays a key-role in the US operational local
leadership teams. ROLE OBJECTIVES:
- Drive the full financial accounting operations.
- Ensure timely, accurate and compliant Financial Reporting.
- Represent Finance to key tax, legal and audit
- Maintain standardized, compliant & fit for purpose
- Continued delivery of Financial Reporting and related
- Seamless fit within the existing Finance Team and effectively
lead the US Finance Team. KNOWLEDGE:
- Expert understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting
Policies and Public Company Standards and Practices.
- High understanding of legal entity governance frameworks.
- High understanding of business end to end processes and
internal controls necessary to safeguard the Company's assets and
comply with Public Company laws.
- Intermediate knowledge of US tax rules, and ability to liaise
with Company's outside tax preparers. SKILLS:
- The Controller needs to possess a strong numerical proficiency,
good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic.
- Excellent leadership skills and a big-picture method to
- Good communicator: strong foundation in all forms of written
and verbal communication skills; along with external
- Leadership and people management: demonstrate good judgment in
selecting methods and techniques to influence, motivate and lead
others. Ability to plan and prioritize, meet deliverables and
- Able to analyze and understand end to end processes.
- Organizational awareness: strong cultural fit within the
Finance Team and broader company organization. EXPERIENCE:
- People Management & Teamwork skills (ability to work with
diverse people and teams).
- Qualified accountant with at least 15 years' experience in
relevant roles and field - preferred in public company
- Licensed CPA required.
- Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and
- Experience in working in more complex international
- Proficiency with relevant accounting and reporting software
(e.g. Great Plains, Adaptive WorkDay). Additional Information
- Great Work Environment with Career Growth
- The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in
Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and
development center in San Diego.
- The company provides an attractive compensation and benefits
package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave.
- Compensation - DOE Why Kelly -- ? Looking for meaningful work
that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly--
Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local
schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every
day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role-we'll
connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if
you're new to the education field, our thorough training and
orientation will prepare you to be successful. About Kelly -- At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?).
Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best,
and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles,
skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce,
including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals
with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender
identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Encinitas , Controller - CPA, Accounting, Auditing , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!