Company: Robert Half
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Ref ID: 00757500Classification: Billing ClerkCompensation:
$70000.00 to $87000.00 yearlyOur client; a busy law firm is looking
for a Legal Billing Specialist who loves digging into detailed work
compiling, managing, and executing attorney billing. May also
perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties
according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact
with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observes
confidentiality of client and firm matters. Experience in accounts
receivable and consistent follow up is a plus! Job seekers should
have at least 4 years of billing experience with the billing
process, be meticulous and organized, and thrive in a fast-paced
work environment. This Legal Billing Specialist role is based in
Coastal North County San Diego, California with a company in the
Legal sector.As a Legal Billing Specialist, your job will
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e.,
multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys,
secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting
documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as
required including reviewing and adjusting client budgets
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports including receivables
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs
(CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- May assist in preparing documentation and responses for legal
inquiries litigation, appeals, and court appearances.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.Job
Requirements:Requirements for the Legal Billing Specialist include,
but are not limited to:
- Accounting Degree is a plus
- 4-6 or more years hands-on billing experience in a law
- CMS, Elite, Javelan, or ProLaw experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing
work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with
minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours;
possibly work weekends or eveningsRobert Half Finance & Accounting
matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in
accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a
full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote
you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to
top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online
training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and
receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and
experience with jobs. When you work with us, you're working with
the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most
Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes'
annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying
for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the
United States. -- 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal
Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking "Apply
Keywords: Robert Half, Encinitas , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Encinitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!